Membership compatibility problems with WP 4.0

we see that WP did an auto-update to WP 4.0 and now all our membership settings disappeared.

Users are all locked down and no longer at our set levels.

All our restricted Group URLs have disappeared as well.

We need a quick fix. Any ideas on what to do?

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Nat,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

Just try deactivating and reactivating Membership plugin.

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

Have you updated your WP to 4.0 directly on your live site?

Do you have back up of your previous setup?

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Nat

thank you for looking Vinod
    I have just given you access via the dashboard.

We are running 4.0 but Im not sure how. None of us did the update and our hosting company says that they have auto-updates disabled.

I asked them to prepare a backup for us but he says that since we just moved to our dedicated server the other day that we don not have backups running...I very mad at them right now....

• Saunt Valerian

Just adding to this, Nat brought me in to help out. Vinood, be aware that this multisite is also running Multi-DB. This makes checking the database for clues a little difficult. I already went into phpMyAdmin and had a look around, but nothing stood out. I did run the standard Multisite Network upgrade to ensure that all the sites on the network had their database upgraded for the 4.0 update.

We have also deactivated and reactivated the Membership plugin and it had no effect.

Please be aware that this is in a state of total failure right now, it appears that some issue happened with the database. Note the screenshot, the membership levels are displayed in the wrong column in the admin. Something happened during the upgrade to screw up the database and now stuff is all messed up. How to get it right is the question and it makes me wonder if the data is still in the database, just not in the right tables.

The site ID for the site on the network where the membership plugin is being used is 2, but with multi-db active, I'm not sure where in the database to look for the data in the first place. The db structure is pretty confusing, someone more familiar with the Membership plugin's database structure may need to look in there and see.

I'm subscribing to this topic to follow updates and I'll do what I can to help.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Nat and @Saunt Valerian,

Hope you're well both well today. Thanks for the additional info on this @Saunt Valerian extremely helpful, are you using the global config tables for Membership?

@Nat Now you've reverted to that backup, is everything working correctly? I wasn't sure from your post if it was working correctly on 4.0 with the backup or not, please advise and we can take a closer look.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.