Membership - configuring sign in functionality

I'm trying out the membership plugin, and I'm having a little trouble understanding how a member signs in or gets prompted to sign in. Also, there seem to be some glitches in the new member sign up process. I am testing on WP 3.3.1 in an MU environment. The site url is like this: content.mydomain.com. In other words, this is a subsite off the main site at http://www.mydomain.com (the main site will have no membership restrictions).

1. I've configured and actived several membership levels and matching subscriptions (i.e. "free" subscription includes only "free" membership level). I've made "free" and "paid" public. User goes through the registration process on my registration page with the shortcode, and gets to the "Choose your subscription" page...the "free" and "paid" subscriptions are there, but appear as text in a box, not active links or buttons you can choose. Any idea why?

2. Once I have a member created (without a proper subscription activation due to the problem in my previous question), I go in and manually assign them to a subscription/level such as "paid". Now if they are not logged in, and go straight to my membership site content.mydomain.com, they get a nice front page; a registration page header menu choice, but no log in fields or prompt. How do you place a login prompt on the page?

Thanks!

• kbrady

OK - figured out one of the issues - I had not activated the "free" membership gateway. Now I get a SUBSCRIBE button, so at least I can create memberships.

So, here is what I still need to know:

Once I have a member created (without a proper subscription activation due to the problem in my previous question), I go in and manually assign them to a subscription/level such as "paid". Now if they are not logged in, and go straight to my membership site content.mydomain.com, they get a nice front page; a registration page header menu choice, but no log in fields or prompt. How do you place a login prompt on the page?

• aecnu

Greetings kbrady

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Now if they are not logged in, and go straight to my membership site content.mydomain.com, they get a nice front page; a registration page header menu choice, but no log in fields or prompt. How do you place a login prompt on the page?

Due to the fact that I have never worked with this version of the Membership plugin and I am working with the new internal Beta which is a replacement for this version, I do not have an answer.

However, I'll see if I can get the lead developer of Membership plugin in here to assist / give you some advice.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu

Greetings kbrady,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• kbrady

Guys - thanks for the response. I think I get it now. The comment I would make is that by default the link "Already have an account? Click Here" is really subtle compared to the membership signup fields to the left of it. It seems to me a more common style is that the LOG IN fields are prominent, and the "Click here to sign up" is a link (i.e. the reverse of what you guys have set up).

In any case, I guess it is just a matter of customizing the style and/or a minor edit to the code if I wanted to make the Already Have an Account" a more prominent button like "LOG IN" or something...

Right now I am trying to figure out (and have just submitted another question) how membership+buddypress+your BP themes work together to create a more obvious log in experience (like is found on this wmpudev.org site for instance!)

Any comments appreciated....
    Kelly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.