Membership Coupons

Hello -

Is there a possibility that Membership doesn't play well with MarketPress?

My Membership coupons worked before I added MarketPress coupons. Could one override the other?

Regardless -- I'd like to have both Membership coupons and MarketPress coupons.

Please advise.

Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dirkcline,

Thank you for this great question and bringing this significant issue to our attention.

Can you please confirm that the coupons do in fact work separately in each plugin but do not play together well when activated simultaneously?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• dirkcline
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello Joe --

I'm not sure how confirm this.

Currently, when I try to add a coupon in Membership, I get returned to the add coupon screen with no a "no coupons yet" message.

Screen cap 1 shows me adding a coupon.
    Screen cap 2 shows the screen after clicking add new. It also shows 'coupon added' up at the top.

When I go to use the coupon, it is not effective.

Suggestions?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Dirk,

Thank you for your additional input and for the screen shots.

Unfortunately I am unable to replicate this on my test production server screen shot below.

I did fill out all entries though except allowed uses.

However, could you please check that your databases are OK?

Logged into the admin dashboard go to Membership --> Options --> Advanced and click on Verify Membership Tables Note if they are not all green and if not then click on Repair Membership Tables then Verify again.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• GlenF
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I'm also seeing this same behavior as well and my database checks out ok too. I can use the coupon code in a transaction, but it overrides the level selected and changes the level and price to a different one, but always that one level no matter what was originally selected.

Not seeing the coupons in the admin console makes it difficult to remove them too. I don't want to hijack Dirk's request, but I wanted to share that he's not the only one seeing this behavior.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings GlenF,

Thank you for chiming in and it appears that your issue is different from Dirks.

Dirks issue appears to be a conflict between the coupon codes of the Membership Plugin and the Market Press plugin.

My screen looked like your screen shot - prior to me adding and using a coupon in MarketPress.

This is where Dirks issue seems to be centered.

If you are indeed having the same issue, I have already flagged the lead developer to this ticket and hopefully he will give us some insight to this problem soon.

If not, please create a ticket of your own so that we may concentrate on your specific issue and installation.

Cheers, Joe

• dirkcline
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello Joe --

I just upgraded to MarketPress 2.7.

Tried adding a coupon in Membership . . .

My problem still persists - in that no coupons appear and the "No coupons yet" message still shows up.

My MarketPress coupons still show up - and I hope all other features and settings remain (after the upgrade). I'll wade through my site shortly and take a look.

Sure would like to resolve this!

Dirk

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Dirk,

Thank you for that additional information which is certainly appreciated.

Sure would like to resolve this!

I would too but the problem is figuring out which lead developer to present this, what appears to be coupon code issue to.

Therefore I will go ahead and alert both of them @Aaron and @Barry to this issue to see which one of them has an idea on what/where this conflict is taking place.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get one or both of them in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Dirk,

Just touching base with you to let you know we have not forgotten about you nor the issue at hand and we (you and I) are still awaiting lead developer input in here in wide hopes of resolving this issue.

Thank you for your demonstrated patience while I work to get someone with higher authority and knowledge in here for assistance.

Sincerely, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ben,

Thank you for your input which is greatly appreciated.

Please try running a database repair and let me know if this resolves your issue.

Logged into the admin dashboard got to --> Membership --> Options --> Advanced tab --> Repair Membership Tables.

Then please retest and let me know if that indeed resolved the issue or?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• bfineman
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your suggestion. I did the "verify" and everything checked out ok, but I did the "repair" anyway. The problem persists - please see attached screen shot, where I have added a new coupon but it does not show up in the list.

Thanks,
    Ben

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ben and Dirk,

Thank you for the additional helpful info.

Please try this making the applicable adjustment:

/membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershipadmin.php Line 6811:

if(!is_network_admin()) {
    	// We are on a single site admin interface
    	$sql .= $this->db->prepare( "WHERE site_id = %d", $this->db->blogid );
    }

IF your on a single site install, so when your not a network admin it was then trying to add the WHERE is the SQL statement.

So it can either be removed for now or changed to:

if(is_network_admin()) {
    	// We are on a single site admin interface
    	$sql .= $this->db->prepare( "WHERE site_id = %d", $this->db->blogid );
    }

Please advise if this indeed cures the issue.

Cheers, Joe

• bfineman

Sorry to be dense, how do I make this change?

- In the "edit plugins" interface I see only "membership/membershippremium.php". I see the includes referenced but don't know how to edit them.
    - In the shell interface I'm not sure where these includes are stored.

Thanks,
    Ben

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ben,

Personally I would use ftp to deal with this file downloading it to my computer, manipulating it and then shipping it back up.

Of course I often use ssh for live modifications and hot fixes.

Another alternative is via the hosting control panel that has a file manager within it.

Please let me know how you make out and which method you used to manipulate the file.

Cheers, Joe

• bfineman

Thanks much, as I said apologies for being slow, but what I'm really asking for is the path for /membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershipadmin.php? I've poked around in the shell but I must be missing something.

Thanks,
    Ben

• bfineman

Ok, I was being lame and the reason I couldn't find it was I ssh'd to the wrong site.

It is somewhat obvious when you're on the right site, but the full path is (root)/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes

Joe, this change seemed to fix it. Thanks!

Best,
    Ben

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.