Membership, coursepress and marketpress compatibility with Everybody theme by Themple

HI,
I am currently trying to implement the coursepress plugin with memebership pro 2 and marketpress to work with the theme Everbody by Themeple. The plugins themselves seem to work well. At least I can setup courses and membership etc..

However, the virtual pages generated for login, registration, course details do not render correctly. e.g. there are no images etc when compared to twenty-fifteen theme.

How to proceed from here???

• Milan

Hello @Ian,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for bringing this up for us. :slight_smile:

Dear member as theme you are testing with is not available freely I am not able to conduct tests on my end. Would you please grant me support staff access so that I can check in depth regarding your issue ?. You can grant me support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Furthermore it seems i'll need access to your site files for better testing. So is there any chance you can send your ftp credentials ?

Would you be able to send in your FTP and wp-admin credentials so I could take a look?

You can send the info through our private contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Milan Savaliya"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Once we have this information then I can debug the issue further :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back!

Thanks & With Kind Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Milan

Hello @Ian,

I hope you are having a good day and sorry for being this much late on this one and thanking you a lot for your patience.

Before I jump into possible solutions, I would like to tell you first that our Coursepress pro works very well with any well coded theme which follows wordpress theme development standards. But as its not working with this one, its not hard to guess that this theme is not falling into good standard category.

However I've just tested theme on my sandbox installation and it seems to me that it will take too much efforts and custom coding if we try to make theme compatible with wordpress coding standard. So basically there are two possible way I think is possible to solve your issue.

#1) By contacting theme developer about this issue and telling them to modify different theme templates according to wordpress theme development standard which supports virtual page rendering without any issue. They can refer default wordpress theme templates or Coursepress theme which we ship with plugin.
    #2) Another one is you use shortcode provided by our plugin extensively by overriding different templates we provide with plugin. You can refer Coursepress theme to know better about each template. You'll find shipped theme under this folder /wp-content/plugins/coursepress/themes/. For startup point I've created one single-course.php file with your child theme after studying single.php file of Coursepress theme. I've attached modified everyday child theme with this post. Please do study this if you plan to go with this way.

You'll see that in that file I've used lot of shortcodes to render single course information and tons of other information too.

So if you decide to go with second possible way, you'll like to study all the shortcode we provide first. You can know about all the shortcode we provide on Courserpress pro > Settings > Shortcodes page.

I hope this helps you. Please feel free to ask me further if something seems confusing to you. :slight_smile:

Thanks & Kind Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.