Membership: CSS top navigation conflict

Hi guys -

WP 3.4.1
Membership 3.1.1
Thesis 1.8.4
Marketer's Delight Child Theme 2.2.6

If this request is out of scope, let me know. I've spent way too much time on it, thought I would ask.

On the pages that have a Membership form (i.e. Register, Account, Subscription, etc), something is conflicting with the top navigation, making the "Main Menu" buttons roughly twice the size of everywhere else on the site. It appears this way across all browsers I've tested in.

Example of conflicted CSS (see the row of blue Language buttons):
http://www.speaksheets.com/register/

Example of how its supposed to look:
http://www.speaksheets.com/about/

I'm decent with CSS, but can't seem to dig out the problem. Wondering if maybe there's a tag not closed in the Membership form code, or there's a conflicting CSS tag being used, or...? Any help you can provide would be much appreciated (as always!)

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hello Dennis!

This is a bit beyond what we can usually help with but I will see what I can do :slight_smile:

Thesis does tend to cause problems as the calls and hooks and those fun things differ a bit in Thesis themes.

I'm looking via Firebug at both menus and I see an extra value shown in the register page calling something in membership, see the attached pic

I found that you can remove the following variables in membership/css/buttons.css and the buttons change to the correct size and shape.

I commented out the
    font: and padding: on the .button { var (line 8)

Does this help?

Best,

Kimberly

• dennisonwolfe
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

That worked great, thanks Kimberly!

I think the problem is simply that the child theme and the plugin call a button the same way, and that conflicts.

great sleuthing. I have my notes, since i'll probably have to fix this every time I upgrade Membership, i'd think.

thanks again
    tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.