[Membership] Custom forms and custom pages

Hi all!

I have a few questions about the Membership plugin.

1) Is it possible to setup different registration forms, the basic form is too minimal for me, and I need more fields :slight_frown: is it possible with custom coding or using another page with a form created with another plugin ?

2) Is it possible to create different registration pages for different subscription levels ?

Thank you very much! Your work is really awesome!

Graziano

• aecnu

Greetings therope,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for the great questions.

1) Is it possible to setup different registration forms, the basic form is too minimal for me, and I need more fields :slight_frown: is it possible with custom coding or using another page with a form created with another plugin ?

To override any of the pages generated by membership with your own you can easily define the following in your wp-config

MEMBERSHIP_ACCOUNT_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_REGISTRATION_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_SUBSCRIPTION_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_MEMBER_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_UPGRADE_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_RENEW_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_PAYMENT_FORM

using ('MEMBERSHIP_****_FORM','/full/server/path/to/file/');

2) Is it possible to create different registration pages for different subscription levels ?

Not that I am aware of without custom coding, though anything is possible when one is a competent coder with a vision and the will to get the job done - and I am not a coder.

In the event you cannot custom code this in, alternatively you could see if there is a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• therope

Hi Joe,

I had some problems with buddy press,
    the Edit Profile page doesn't work because buddy press need a buddy press theme and I can't use it.
    My client needs a custom theme and i can't use a buddy press theme on it,

So I have to proceed to a custom form made by myself.
    I need to understand a few things ( I hope! :smiley: )

1) When I override a the registration form I have to create a new php file with the theme or just the form and then the plugin puts the file in the right page ?

2) Form action page must be the same of the plugin or I can set it with a custom php file with all the queries i need ?

3) How can I integrate the two steps before with the final subscription page with the payment gateway ?

Thanks for the help!!!!

Graziano

• aecnu

Greetings Graziano,

Sorry to see that Buddy press is not going to work out for you as you had anticipated.

Though I truly want to help with these questions, I honestly have no idea, I am not a coder and we have reached the limit of my coding abilities which I admit are not great to begin with.

This is certainly in the realm of custom coding which is beyond the scope of the support we provide here, but we do try to help if possible.

With that said I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.