Membership dashboard menu is showing up in the network dashboard and I don't not have sufficien

The membership plugin was working great up until last week, I believe, at the time that I activated the adminimize plugin. What started to happen after that was that the dashboard menu is no longer on each sites dashboard but moved to the network dashboard and I no longer have permission to set my view as role. when i try to i get the message “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.” I have tried removing adminimize, restore a backed up db from before the issue started, delete and reinstall membership. I also tried the same thing on a localhost site and got the same problem when adminimize was activated except I can just deactivate it and everything goes back to normal. My site was supposed to be ready for testing as of friday so I really need this issue resolved.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @tslmedia

I hope you are well today and thanks for your question.

It sounds like something quite major went wrong here, as the membership dashboad should never be shown on the network admin unless a define is used.

I’d recommend deleting both the membership plugin and the adminimize plugin, then once that done in your cPanel open up phpmyadmin.

Delete all tables that are wp_m (these are membership tables, all members, levels and subscriptions will be lost, but we need to take this back to the core).

Once that is done, make sure any adminimize tables have been deleted as well, then re-install membership and it should work correctly.

Please advise, I’m here to help :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• tslmedia
    • Web Cre8Thor

Hi Jack,

Thanks for responding and willing to take a closer look at our configurations, DB, etc.

I will send you an email with the info you request now.

This actually made me wonder if there could be a good way to have a fall back process in the event that an important plugin like this one for a member site needs to be temporarily removed or deactivated.

Currently we have a production site that uses it and another one that we are in the process of launching (which is the one that has the problem). And so, having many short codes on many of our pages, these short codes would become visible to anyone visiting the site if we disable the plugin.

Thank you!

-Armando

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi Armando,

Thanks for supplying me the additional access to all folders :slight_smile:

I’ve been taking a good look at this and it appears that it’s all working correctly.

As you have the define for the global tables, that is now how Membership works going to the network admin dashboard, rather than site by site, if on your other sites you have that define set and it’s still site by site, that would be a bug, is that the case?

But that all appears to be working correctly.

I no longer have permission to set my view as role. when i try to i get the message “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.”

I tried to take a look at this, but not 100% sure what you mean on that? Do you mean editing the capabilities of a membership user or something else, please advise :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• tslmedia
    • Web Cre8Thor

Hi Jack,

Thanks for looking into this.

It makes sense to me that if Membership is enabled site wide on multisite it shows on the network admin.

What I mean about “view as role” is that if logged in as admin, when changing to, say, Stranger role to see what strangers would see on my site, I get the “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.”

Thank you!

-Armando

• tslmedia
    • Web Cre8Thor

Hi Jack,

On the top WP admin bar, at the right, there is the option to "View Site As:". When I hover and select any role there (including Stranger), I get the message:

"You do NOT have sufficient permissions to access this page."

I am attaching a screenshot of the menu.

Please let me know if you can test this when you login to the WP admin area.

Thank you!

-Armando

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Armando,

I hope you are well today and thanks for the additional clarification I see what you mean with that.

I’ve tested and the other roles do work correctly, it just seems that it doesn’t allow the admin to switch roles like it should. I’ll flag the lead developer for his valuable input here :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Eugene Manuilov
    • Syntax Hero

Thank you Eugene, that fixed the problem we were having with changing our “view as” access levels!

Great!

Although we still seem to be having the problem with our membership dashboard showing up in network admin area.

Could you check whether you have following line in your wp-config.php or not?

define( 'MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_TABLES', true);

• tslmedia
    • Web Cre8Thor

I found something that seems to be working for me. What I did was I left the line

define( ‘MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_TABLES’, true);

in wp-config.php and in WordPress I activated the plugin on each single site as apposed to having it network activated. That also seemed to fix the “View site as” problem because I am no longer using the beta version of the plugin that you linked. All seems to be in order!

Thank you for you help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.