Membership Does Not Allow Drag & Drop... or offer subscription/payment options

I reopened this topic, as it was the most relevant to me right now: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-plugin-is-not-working-with-several-themes ...But the topic may be good and dead. So here goes:

I'm using Membership with Business Feature for my video tutorial site. Initially, everything worked fairly well. Now, however, I can't edit any of the access level rules because the drag and drop won't work. I have a free Test Drive membership for 7 days, finite. Then the user should be able to upgrade to any paid membership or be downgraded to Stranger level. Renewal limit is 1 day.

I figured out that I have to manually activate users, bummer, but I can do that for now. However, users are not being presented with upgrade options on the Account Info page. The signup page doesn't offer ANY of the subscription options, it only signs people up for the Test Drive account. They should be able to pay if they wish, for a full account.

The site is live at http://lisashelpdesk.com.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings doktadivah,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

I'm using Membership with Business Feature for my video tutorial site.

You are referring to the Business feature theme with the Membership Plugin?

Initially, everything worked fairly well. Now, however, I can't edit any of the access level rules because the drag and drop won't work.

This concerns me greatly that the drag and drop does not work which is possibly a JavaScript conflict of some kind.

Have you done any troubleshooting steps as in deactivating the theme and seeing if you can drag and drop?

If it is still not operational perhaps then deactivating the plugins not including the Membership plugin of course and testing if you can then drag and drop?

And if you can drag and drop to then start activating plugins one at a time and then run a drag and drop test until we find the conflict.

I am aware there are other issues then these I addressed, but of course fixing the first batch and then tackling the rest is probably the most efficient way to get a handle on this.

Looking forward to getting this sorted out with you.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• doktadivah
    • Flash Drive

Hi Joe!

Yes, Business Feature Theme with the Membership plugin. Ok, the drag n drop problem was the payment table plugin. Once that was deactivated, drag and drop for access levels et al worked fine. On to the money! :slight_smile:

Users still aren't being presented with thee option to pay for the upgraded membership whether they are moving up from the Test Drive or if they want to sign up right away. Logging in and going to Account Management, the user gets a message that their membership is set to automatically renew.

Also, how do I get users to log in and stay on the website rather than going to the WP admin?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings doktadivah,

I visited your site and it is presenting the standard WordPress Signup page and not the Register page which is necessary to show the different levels as shown in my Membership test site.

It appears that you have not setup a registration page?

Logged into your site go to --> Membership --> and in the Quick Setup Guide --> 5. Create a registration page - The registration page allows new users to sign up for membership. Create a registration page, and then select it in the membership options panel.

Also, how do I get users to log in and stay on the website rather than going to the WP admin?

This can be accomplished by using the Login Redirect plugin which redirects users to specified url after they've logged in.

Waiting to hear how my suggestions work out.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings doktadivah,

The sign up page should not exist and the registration page should be used as indicated in step 6 of the Membership plugin installation instructions that was created in step 5 mentioned above.

6. Disable FacePressSite registration - The membership plugin takes over the registration process, so you need to disable the standard FacePressSite registration.

If you're on WordPress Multisite it's under Network Admin>Settings.

If you're in a regular single-site install, go to Settings>General and look for the box "Anyone can register" and make sure it's not checked.

• doktadivah
    • Flash Drive

The Quick Setup you mentioned... where is it? I don't see that on the Installation page here. It's not an available option/link in my Membership menu via the dashboard...

In Options, the instructions indicate that [subscriptionform] is the leading requirement for the page. /signup has the [subscriptionform] shortcode and is indicated as the registration page in Options. Is the page supposed to be titled Registration for the shortcode to behave properly?

I'm on a single-site install, anyone can register is not checked. When a user goes to Account Management, they're told that their Test Drive membership is set to automatically renew, even though it's finite and the next level (if they don't upgrade) in the series is Stranger.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings doktadivah,

It is located on the right side of the screen when you click on Membership and once you click on Membership it is the second item in the expanded menu on the left of course.

And I must declare that if you have gotten this far without it you are doing d-a-r-n good!

To give you an example of our working registration page click here please

Which version of Membership are you running? Version 2.1.4?

I have included a screen shot below for you to see what I am referring to.

• doktadivah
    • Flash Drive

I'm using 2.1.4... your screen shot didn't come up, but I'm adding my Membership view and Registration page view so you can see what I'm referring to. You'll see that my /signup page is identical to your registration page, minus the TOS (nice feature, by the way).

The second option under my Membership menu is "All Members." In my main Dashboard area, I have the members stats as indicated. Options does give me the opportunity to set up the pages for Registration, Accounts, Renewals, No Access, etc.

• doktadivah
    • Flash Drive

Yes!! (How did I overlook that??)

Ok, the membership levels now appear, but with 2 subscribe buttons. The Casual Membership is not serial - how do I change the payment gateway according to membership level? Casual should have a Single Payment, Power User and Primo should be Subscriptions, Test Drive is free and terminates at 7 days.

Also, clicking subscribe for Test Drive takes you back to the Signup page - with nothing on it. Should I create a Thank You page? Where would I then set it as the redirect after successful signup?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings doktadivah,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.