membership does not assign level

I created an account called Test. I purchased a Pay Per Article. It took my money and resolved it to the provider. The All Members Section did NOT assign the Pay Per Article level. It is still blank.

• Mike
    • New Recruit

Hi @d__paul_williams

Thanks for posting and welcome to WPMU DEV!

We need to just cover the bases first, did you set up a subscription plan and have you set up access levels?

Have you set up the payment gateway?
    How did you set up the Pay Per Article?
    Are you sure this purchase went through Membership?
    Where did you purchase? What button did you click?

Can you give a link to the registration page?

Cheers,
    Mike

• Mike
    • New Recruit

Hi @d__paul_williams

What other plugins do you have installed?

I tried to have a look at your site but WordFence blocked me, can you unblock Spain from your admin area?

It sounds to me as though you aren't using the Membership to register, you should see a form like this on the registration page:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/projects/140/screenshots/858636382_subscribe_now_payment_page.png

If you can't get the registration working you can either create one from the Membership Options, or you can create a page and manually add the following shortcode:
    [subscriptionform]

Please try the above and let me know how you get on, then we can go from there.

Cheers,
    Mike

• Mike
    • New Recruit

Hi @d__paul_williams

I have a look and I noticed you are using 2CheckOut, have you tried with PayPal to see if that works? I'm not sure if the instant payment notification from 2CO is as good.

The registration page is correct. I didn't sign up an pay, but it looked as if it should work if I did.

Like you said with the plugins, I can't see anything there causing problems, none of those take over user roles or anything.

If you want to hire someone to just set it up for you then you are more than welcome to check out WPMU Jobs and find a member there who can help you.

You said that the access levels and subscription plans are set up correctly so there shouldn't be any problems there.

To be honest I'm running out of ideas so if you can try with PayPal and let me know how that goes we can go from there and maybe get the developer involved unless you want to just go ahead and hire someone on WPMU Jobs to do it.

You can set up a PayPal sandbox account to test with if you like.

Cheers,
    Mike

• Foreclosurepedia
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I reached out via the Contact email to no avail several times. It's no big deal. I would've thought that the DEVs would have wanted to address an issue. Either there is an issue with what I have done and then the DEVs should have wanted to opine upon that or there is a fundamental flaw with the Plugin and I doubt the DEVs would want that publicly known. The true irony is that I am a Subcontractor for the US Government. The website is read by many in the foreclosure industry on a daily basis. Many of those Contractors look to us for recommendations. The Membership Plugin is a Plugin I am going to definitely profile now.

In the United States, we have a thing called Customer Service. I bought the Plugin as I thought there would be some modicum of support. Mike has been outstanding, but at the end of the day there is an issue and I cannot get it resolved. While Australia may very well be different since I was last there during my hitch in combat on R&R, I would have thought that Developers; really anyone whom runs a business, wants customer satisfaction. It is not rocket science. I just thank G-d I only spent $19.

BTW I had to exit Google Chrome and go into Firefox to even continue posting anything.

• Mike
    • New Recruit

Hi @d__paul_williams

Thanks for replying.

There has been quite a lot of activity recently(because of the new pricing that's coming in) and we have started to get a little behind on the emails but we are catching up.

Sorry for the delay there.

I have logged into your site and I think your 2Checkout details were not correct, I have corrected those and I've also tried with PayPal(set up with my account) and that seemed to work as expected.

Please try using 2Checkout again and see if there is any difference. I can't check as I don't have a 2Checkout account.

Thanks for the kind words, I'm doing my best to help and it's great to see that you appreciate that.

If the above fix does work, then you've had your problem resolved in a couple of days, not too bad going. If it doesn't work, we'll have to try something else!

Let me know how it works now, and we'll go from there.

Cheers,
    Mike

• Foreclosurepedia
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The Permissions now assign. There does not seem to be a seamless transition from Purchase to viewing Articles though. For example: I created an account called X. I then went in and selected the Subscription Model I wanted. I paid for it. The Page X was sent to "appeared" to be Foreclosurepedia, but the web bar displayed a http://www.2checkoutxxxxx.com address.

When X goes to login X gets an error of You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.

I am not a DEV, but it would just seem simplest to Pay for the Product, be redirected to the Page/Model of the Subscription and be able to view the Product without ever having to jump through all these hoops.

What corrected the login issue was the assignment of the Subscriber Role. The member still should be able to simply login and be sent to the site. As you can see from the Screenshot, X logs in and then is sent to the Admin Toolbar. They now have to think outside the box and select Foreclosurepedia, then the drop down bar to view the Site. They still cannot view the Articles which were grouped in the Protected Category.

What is even worse is that myself as an Admin cannot view ANY of the Protected Information. Granted I can go in and autoassign permissions, this is a fatal flaw to me. It is a real pain in the ass to be blunt.

EDIT: Access to ANYTHING inside and especially Jetpack is a Security Risk to me. May be part and parcel Membership Plugin though. I really want to use this package so I can use others, but if I cannot get beyond simply getting members (and I have plenty on the Tinypass side) I will never be able to migrate them over.

• Foreclosurepedia
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

http://foreclosurepedia.org/hud-next-generation-contracts/ Is a protected Article

Username is: xxxxxx
    Password is: xxxxxx

(sent)

You will see what I mean along with the fact that I cannot view my info outside of the Edit Mode even as the Owner of the Website

XXXXXXXX bought the Package, the money cleared 2Checkout, the permissions assigned, but Test cannot view the Article.

xxxx and Myself are sent to the Register Page to view. This happens when either Myself as Admin or xxx are logged in with cache cleared BTW. CCleaner ran as well.

• Foreclosurepedia
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

This now works globally. So, either you have worked some magic (we used to call this the Ghost in the Machine syndrome when I coded Linux) or something has been changed. Regardless, it works and I am VERY happy.

You deserve commendation for going above and beyond the call of duty in dealing with me. :wink:

The parsing seems to be automated now as far as I can tell. I will know when a new member signs up. The skeleton seems to depend upon both what I as an Admin do in the assignment of User Status upon Registration and how that translates into the Membership Plugin. I suppose that most folks don't really worry about this but as I am a US Government Subcontractor I always worry about INFOSEC.

I will try to find a tipjar somewhere for you! :wink: I would like to keep this thread open, though, until a new member signs up in case anything needs to be looked at.

Thank you again!

• Mike
    • New Recruit

Hi @d__paul_williams

Logging in as that test user and viewing the protected article also works for me.

All of your users are registered as subscribers so they should only be able to see their profile and the dashboard, but I notice you have a plugin to hide the Dashboard so the only thing that they can see is Jetpack which shouldn't be a big problem but apparently this is a bug and there is (yet another) plugin you can install to hide it for all but admins:
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/jetpack-only-for-admins/

If you use PayPal people can be sent back to a specific page of your site, it might be possible to do the same thing with 2CO and set it so that they return to the login page or just straight back to the home page.

Is there anything left that doesn't work here? That seems to be pretty much everything to me.

Cheers,
    Mike

• Mike
    • New Recruit

Hi @d__paul_williams

Sorry I'd started writing my last reply and didn't see your last message.

I checked the settings of 2CO and corrected a couple of things there. I disabled and then re-enabled "WP Hide Dashboard"(the plugin you have to hide the dashboard) and I verified the tables for Membership, all was fine and didn't need repairing.

There must have been a bug in there somewhere, but it seems to be working as you said so that's good.

I also think that your website loads really slowly, so some faster hosting might be a good idea, but if the speed is ok for you(after clearing cache) then it could be just that I'm on the other side of the planet :slight_smile:

You deserve commendation for going above and beyond the call of duty in dealing with me. :wink:

Thank you very much, I'm glad we could get it sorted relatively quickly!

Let me know if there is anything else to do here.

I'm going to mark it as resolved, but if after someone signs up you want to post an update you still can, and if there is a problem I can help out again.

Cheers,
    Mike

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.