Membership does not record registrants.

I have created test accounts then deleted them once done. The subscriptions are still in place even though the accounts are gone. I can’t drop the members out of the subscription and none of my new registrants become available under the ‘all members’ link. I only see the super-admin account.

I can’t remove the one of my subscriptions the test accounts were assigned to either and it shows 13 members in the subscription summary.

That issue was previously raised but not resolved:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/deleting-subscriptions#post-123863

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/deleting-a-member-and-subscription#post-149830

My databases all check ok.

I have uninstalled/reisntalled disabled/reenabled Membership several times.

I suspect the problem arises when you delete members from the users menu without dropping them out of the subscription first.

1) How do I remove the test subscription?

2) How do I get to see the registrants in the all members view?

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hello marxade,

Are you trying to delete your members from the Membership or WP User Menu?

I’ve always deleted from the User Menu when doing test accounts to ensure everything got deleted, so i could re-use emails and it has never been a problem :slight_smile:

Do you have access to your database? Can you check the wp_m_membership_relationships and members tables to see if there is anything in there that does not reflect what you have done with deletions?

Thanks!

Kimberly

• digitsoft
    • The Crimson Coder

@marxade – you can also try backing up your db and then Membership/Options/Advanced/Repair

No guarantees it will fix your issue, but it’s the easiest thing to try first.

@kim – uh…got lots of milk, balloons, but no cookies yet (and I’ve been told you make great cookies) :stuck_out_tongue:

• marxade
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I emptied the database entries for the subscription level that still had removed members then deleted it. That solved problem number 1.

Problem number 2 is that new members are still not showing up under “all members” but are getting registered in the subscriptions so problem number 1 will resurface because I will not be able to add or remove members using the “all members” panel. New registrants are not showing up as users either for the site but I can see them under the Network Admin user menu for my multisite install.

• digitsoft
    • The Crimson Coder

@kim – for a while I actually thought I was getting real cookies because Gina said you make great cookies :slight_smile:

@marxade – you may want to also use phpmyadmin and run this query:

SELECT *
    FROM wp_usermeta
    INNER JOIN wp_users ON wp_users.ID = wp_usermeta.user_id
    WHERE wp_usermeta.meta_key = 'wp_membership_active'

This way you can see whether the users are actually showing as active in the db.

Not that it helps now, but I usually set up a test site and try out everything before doing it on a live or soon to be live site. This may require manually removing the membership specific db tables and specific fields in the base tables.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Marxade,

Are you registering through the Membership portal, i.e having users choose a subscription then register or are you somehow having them register THEN select a description?

To clarify, if I went to your site, chose a subscription and registered , you would not be able to see me in the members menu?

have you tied to repair the database tables or did you just delete the old subscriptions?

@rob, it’s an either/or thing with the cookies. Once you receive real cookies you are no longer eligible for Rep Cookies :wink: lol

Best,

Kimberly

• marxade
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Kimberly,

If you registered at my site, you would automatically become a member of my “Membership” subscription. I, as a super admin would see you as a user under “all Users” but not as a member of any subscription under “All Members”. The strange thing is that the subscription number would increase by one but I would be unable to drop you out of that subscription and delete it for instance.

The db check says it’s all ok and I have gone ahead and repaired it anyway.

Thanks digitsoft I will try this weekend and post my results.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings marxade,

Just touching base with you to let you know that we have not forgotten about you nor your issue.

Hopefully Barry will let go of the new release you mentioned sooner then later to deal with this issue and get it resolved.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings marxade,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.