Membership download obfuscation probLem

OK, so I downloaded the "Add To Server" plugin and added all my 100MB files to the media library.

I set up the membership plug-in to use an obfuscated download link...

I went to my post page and used the URL

http://channelrobot.com/obfuscated/bigfatfile.rar

when I go to the site page I get the above URL for the file, (all good so far)

I click on the file and get:

Fatal error: Call to a member function has_level_rule() on a non-object in /home/channelr/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershippublic.php on line 318

...any ideas?

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Ok, can you clarify then - with a *real* url - if you are a non-member then you get the No access page and *no* error. If you are a member you get an error, but not the content?

Or is the error on both non-members and members?

Just following the code through so trying to work out the instances when this would occur.

• Lindon
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

OK so if you are a non-member you cant even get to the page containing the content, its a member only page, so no access thus no error.

If you are a member you can get to the "access page" where the .rar files are all listed 1-12, when you click on one to download it you get the error on a page alone with no template around it, nothing - just the text I posted. The content doesn't download so you don't get that either.

• Lindon

crashes my entire site with:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class M_Blogcreation in /home/channelr/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/plugins/premium.rules.php on line 2

Nothing now works, cant log in cant view the site nothing

• Lindon

Well...I uninstalled all the membership plug-ins, cleaned up the database and re-installed the plugin, at least now I can get back to the WP admin interface.....(thank god I'm an IT programmer for a living...)

However....

the download still fails with:

Fatal error: Call to a member function has_level_rule() on a non-object in /home/channelr/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershippublic.php on line 318

maybe I'm doing something wrong (there's no instructions on how to set up download properly..)

• Lindon

So lets be clear how this is set up:

I'm not using the "default" media directory so I use (something like):

http://channelrobot.com/wp-content/XX23XX

(and no that's not the real one- its here as an example)

I've installed the plugin "Add From Server" - because the media files I'm using are over 100MB each...
    I've told WP about the mime-type "rar" - because these are all compressed audio files in rar format

I've told "Membership" - in "Edit Options" - the name of my "real" download directory and set up "Masked download URL" called:

http://www.channelrobot.com/obsfucated

yep that's not how you spell "obfuscated" I know...

I've uploaded my rar-files to the media library:

They are all sitting there nicely with names like:

ChannelRobot-SolidDrums.part01
    ChannelRobot-SolidDrums.part02
    ChannelRobot-SolidDrums.part03 etc...

..and WP tells me they are rar files, so WP is happy I think.

I've created a post called "Solid Drums – Product Download" and assigned it to a category called
    "Solid Drums – Member Area", this (it is probably no surprise) is a category declared to "Membership" as being visible ONLY to the level "Solid Drums Member "

On the page I've pointed to my media files (above) thus:

<br />
    <a href="http://channelrobot.com/obsfucated/ChannelRobot-SolidDrums.part12.rar">ChannelRobot-SolidDrums.part12</a><br />

(sorry I cant get the code tags to work properly here in this forum - one more broken thing here)

OK, so you go to the site, .... log in as a "Solid Drums Member ", ....you see the post ""Solid Drums – Product Download", ....you go to the post,..... you see a list of media files to click on to download...

You click on one and you get:

...am I using the wrong approach ?

Lindon

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.