Membership - email in Communications

Joe...my Monthly subscribers received a mass email to renew their Membership. In Communications the email was set to be sent 5 days prior to renewal date. It has caused alot of confusion for my Members...since they signed up in Paypal for a Serial renewal subscription every 30 days. I did not disable the plugin, I disabled the email in Communications section. Until you have another suggestion on how to code the renewal email to only be sent to those whose subscriptions are actually ending, I had to set the days to zero so it would not send.

• aecnu

Greetings megbenedicte,

Thank you for your additional input which is absolutely appreciated.

I did not disable the plugin, I disabled the email in Communications section.

Good move there for sure.

Until you have another suggestion on how to code the renewal email to only be sent to those whose subscriptions are actually ending, I had to set the days to zero so it would not send.

In this case I think we should see what the lead developer Barry has to say about this being that I am not a coder myself and to see if this issue has possibly been addressed in the 3.4.4 Beta version of the Membership plugin though I admit that I do not know why to send them an email at all for auto renewals.

However, I will let the plugin Chief determine that along with his input.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings megbenedicte,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.