Membership error- not able to access anything

I updated the plugin last night. After doing so my membership site was no longer accessible to anyone. The error that is showing across the top of the site is:

Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in /home/content/44/8609544/html/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershippublic.php on line 2312 and defined in /home/content/44/8609544/html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 990

Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in /home/content/44/8609544/html/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershippublic.php on line 2312 and defined in /home/content/44/8609544/html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 990

I am not an developer so please explain how to fix this in very simple terms. I am loosing lots of money as I have a major add running today!!! I need to fix this asap, any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks-- Kim

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Kim,

Sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation.

Before upgrading to WordPress 3.5 you did in fact make a backup did you not?

The issue is in WordPress 3.5 Core and a similar issue was reported here:
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/err-after-upgrade-to-35

Note the WordPress technician says in the second post:
    I know we have bugs related to $wpdb->prepare now requiring the second argument.

And note your warning message say the same thing in the first line:
    wpdb::prepare()

So this issue is 110% due to a WordPress 3.5 Core bug.

It would be in your best interest to roll back your installation asap until WordPress gets it together and announces this bug has indeed been fixed.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Can you make sure you updated all the plugins files, as in the latest versions line 2312 doesn't have a prepare statement on it, so it suggests that maybe that file wasn't replaced when you upgraded.

• Kenetork
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello Kim...

I had that problem but in Version 3.4.1.1 that's fixed. There are still problems but not as critical. I recommend to repair and optimize your wordpress databases and clear cache after upgrade the plugin again. Be sure every file is replaced for the ones on latest version.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Kim,

I see that you have indeed made the jump to WordPress 3.5 and after panic mode had settled down for me and some serious digging the $wpdb::prepare() error is being caused by an intentional security update to WordPress 3.5 and therefore you should update your installation to the latest Membership version 3.4.1.2 which will resolve this issue and several more.

Please advise once that is completed and confirm that the issue is no longer present.

Looking forward to hearing from you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Cheers!
    Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.