Membership + Events

Okay, here's what I'm trying to do. I am building a site for a company which trains workout instructors to teach their method. The first step in becoming an instructor is to sign up for the instructor training class, which I'm using the the EVENTS plugin for.

What I would like to do is to require a user to register as a GUEST, before they can click the button on the event page to sign up for the class. Is this a template that's already built in, that I am missing? Because when I click to try and sign up, it just brings me to the standard Wordpress login page. Do I need to use a plugin like WP Members just to handle guest registration, then use your Members plugin to handle access levels?

To further that, once they are signed up, and have taken the class (and passed), we will be sending them an e-mail with a link to UPGRADE their membership status (i.e. a direct link to the signup form where they will tie a recurring Paypal subscription to their account. My question is... IF they CANCEL the Paypal subscription, will that automatically sync with their membership level, and not allow them to login if their Paypal subscription is canceled? How do I handle this?

Thanks so much for your support. You guys run a tight ship over there, and should be very proud of the work that you do.

Thank you.

• Patrick

Hi @lewismedia,

Welcome to the forums!

The Membership plugin will override WordPress registration with its own functions, so registration must be disabled in your admin settings.

The plugin also allows you to set a "Stranger" level for site visitors, as well as free and paid subscriptions.

If users cancel their subscription, their access will continue on the level they paid for until their current term expires. You can also drop them to a lower level (if you would like to issue a pro-rated refund in this scenario, it would to be done manually via your selected payment gateway)

Hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• lewismedia

It's already off, and was still giving me the error. What I did was create a Gravityform with the User Reg add-on, then create a hidden HTTP-referrer field on the form, set a post-reg action to login the user automatically based on the selected user/pass, then used that data to set the confirmation URL to the referring page.

Great stuff here, so far. Will let you know if I run into any further trouble. Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.