Membership for marketplace

Do I have to keep the membership in order to keep the plugin?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings barb_ireland,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Thank you for the great question.

Though you title of your post indicates Membership for marketplace which I am not aware of or please clarify what indeed you are referring to because on the side WPMU Dev Dashboard is also selected.

Please advise.

Cheers, joe

• barb_ireland
    • New Recruit

LOL.. okay, I wanted to just purchase the marketplace plugin for wordpress, to build a store. I was asking, if I had to pay the membership monthly fee in order to keep the software? Meaning I came to just buy that plugin.Although I would like support for awhile til it's all installed and everything, but I don't want to keep the monthly membership fee.
    Thanks!
    Barb

• barb_ireland
    • New Recruit

Also another question, this about short codes.. the lady i hire wants to know this.
    "i should be able to create a custom page, stick the short code in it, and it should work. the page will in fact work. i can't get the grid plugin to
    there's also another way to do it - create a custom template - you put a reference to the template in the page. upload like normal. i should then be able to go create a page like you normally would, choose that custom template and paste the code in and it should work. but it doesn't."

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey Barb,

let me get you the answers:

1. You do not need an on-going membership to use the product, but you would need that for updates and support, hope that makes sense.

2. I assume you are talking about creating templates for the MarketPress pages here. Since MarketPress pages aren't normal WordPress pages, it doesn't work like that. Here is how you do it.

Here are the template names that MarketPress uses:

Singe Product Page - mp_product.php
    Products List - mp_productlist.php
    Store Page - mp_store.php
    Product Category page - mp_category.php
    Cart - mp_cart.php
    Order Status Page - mp_orderstatus.php

As your designer to create pages for those templates and MarketPress will pick them up.

For instance, you could make a copy of your single.php and rename it as mp_product.php add your custom edits and that will work gracefully.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hope you're well @barb_ireland

Just checking in on behalf of @Arun to see if there is anything else that we can assist with. Did you get sorted or are there still issues outstanding that needs to be addressed?

Since it's been a while that we last heard from you, I will go ahead and resolve this topic, but please don't hesitate to reopen it should you still require additional support from us. Just select the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (otherwise we might miss your new post).

All the best!

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.