membership from site to multisite

I will like to move the membership users from my main site to another in my multisite.
The main site can be without membership and the content for members in another subsite.
How can i move members to subsite? the memberships i can do that manualy.
also i want membership active for all multisite expept the main site.
Thanks a lot for your help.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Nicolas,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Excluding main site from membership protection would mean enabling plugin on "per-site" basis, therefore it would act just like "separate" plugins on each sub-site. This means there'll be no synchronization and if you make changes to protection rules on one sub-site these changes will not be reflected on other sub-sites.

If you're fine with this, you may give a built-in "Import/Export" feature of Membership 2 Pro. To do this, please go to the "Membership 2 -> Settings -> Import Tool" page of the site you'd like to export members from and then:
    - use "Export" button to export data
    - on sub-sites you wish to import data use "Import from file"

I admit though that I'm not quite sure if this will work fully as expected as this tool was meant for different reasons.

However, in case you'd prefer centrally managed, synchronized protection (which I think may prove to be better if I understand you correctly), you may want to add this line to your "wp-config.php" file instead:

define( 'MS_PROTECT_NETWORK', true );

This will switch on "network wide" protection, letting you setup and control protection rules for all your sub-sites in one, central place. This would be easier to manage I think. Please note though that you may need to re-create memberships and protection rules from scratch then.

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.