Membership has stopped upgrading paying members

I've started getting complaints that new paying members cannot see the private content, and after investigating it seems that new paying subscribers are no longer having their membership user level upgraded at the point of sign up. They are not getting the welcome emails either.

I had tested and tested before promoting the site and after some problems it was all working, but now it has stopped and I am having to go through to check and manually upgrading them.

Also, one new member's notification did not come through. I had no idea there was a new member until I had to login to paypal for another reason and noticed it.

I chose this plugin to make my life easier but it's just not working, can anyone help me work out why it isn't working because I'm totally lost.

Thanks, Jane

• Ash

Hello @Miss Jane

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Was it working before? If yes, can you remember if you have made any changes in your site like installed new plugin or updated anything?

Is it possible for you to deactivate all other plugins and test the issue in sandbox mode?

And, would you please make sure you have selected all pages individually in Membership > Options > Membership Pages?

Please let me know.

Cheers
    Ash

• Miss Jane

Hello @Ashok
    Thanks for replying so quickly. It seems to have fixed itself before I had chance to go through the plugins.

I'm actually having a few problems with the site, too much to go into but I'm thinking I need to abandon wpmudev, because there's too much to fix.

Today for instance I've tried to add a new user level but the permissions I've set won't allow access. I don't know what I've done wrong but I'm completely fed up with it.

Plus the add a listing button seems to have lost it's link, meaning that neither new or old users are able to add their directory listings.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Miss Jane,

Awesome, great to see the issue fixed itself.

Today for instance I've tried to add a new user level but the permissions I've set won't allow access. I don't know what I've done wrong but I'm completely fed up with it.

User level or membership access level?

What permissions have you set in it and what is not allowed to access?

Could you please explain it a bit more in detail what you are trying to achieve so that we can help you to achieve it?

Plus the add a listing button seems to have lost it's link, meaning that neither new or old users are able to add their directory listings.

Could you please share the page URL where the button is displaying and also would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some troubleshooting? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Miss Jane

To anyone finding this thread after experiencing their members not being upgraded after paying, after persevering for the past few days I have the solution.

You need to check your IPN settings over on PayPal.

For me, the IPN setting was set to disable. I have no idea how this came to be but now that it is enabled, new members are being upgraded once again.

It is not the first time it's happened, I didn't think to check PayPal this time because I knew I hadn't even logged into PayPal let alone adjusted the IPN settings. It's a mystery but at least it's not down to the membership plugin.

Happy days. I can now focus on the other issues :slight_smile:

Jane

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.