membership - how can i control the menu for showing differently?

Hello
I have started working with M2PRO and i want to have a link at the main menu of "courses" that only show for user that is logged in

how can i do that?
THANKS
Nir

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Nir,

Hope you had a nice weekend :slight_smile:

To protect menu item first thing you need to do is go to Membership 2 > Add-ons and enable Advanced menu protection add-on.
    After that go to Membership 2 > Protection Rules > Menu Items and there you can select which membership has access to which menu item.

Let us know if that's what you're looking for :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Milan

Hey Nir,

Good question. :slight_smile:

We defiantly recommend you to stick with Membership 2 Pro for membership related functionality but if you have any other idea for your site, you are free to use any product. But we will not cover support for that product. :slight_smile:

Best I suggest is that you search in our plugin repository, see if anyone can help you with your requirement. :slight_smile: if something seems promising to you, give it a try and if you have any pre-sales question, please leverage our contact form here to ask that too.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

We would be glad to help you with your requirements. :slight_smile:
    Cheers,
    Milan

• Nir

I want to add a plugin (also did) for managing the users
    specially because the sign-in process is easier over there (with m2pro the user need to insert 5 or 6 field and i want the process to be as quickly as possiable for a user to sign-in)

second thing is the design but this is a minor (i believe that if i get how to make an easy process like you can see here i would stay with m2pro alone)

you can take a look here:
    http://nirsharabi.com/profile/register/

It has a sensible interface (and also a social option to sign-in with)

so, if you can help solve the process - fine i will uninstall USERPRO and no issue.

Now - if i am working with another plugin for managing users,
    there is something i need to do in M2PRO - I know that becasue i read it while i installed it, but can't remember where i read the instructions.

i think it's a line of code to add to functions.php or to the code of the plugin...
    so i am looking this instruction which probably is in the usage or in the plugin help..

thanks for helping figure this out

Nir

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Nir,

I hope you're well today!

I took a look at the "example site" and this indeed differs a bit from default M2 registration form. However, I think there's a bit different "philosophy" behind these two plugins.

There are a few aspects that I'd like to discuss then :slight_smile:

1. The form design

This can be changed with some CSS and I will be happy to help you with it. It may not be exactly ("pixel by pixel") the same but I'm sure we'd be able to make it quite nice and similar to this one.

2. The registration workflow

This is different in M2 and requires user to select a membership. However, if you'd like them to sign up for a specific, "pre-selected" membership that's also possible.

3. Additional user profile information

We suggest setting up a BuddyPress plugin and then using "Profile Fileds" add on that's shipped with Membership 2 Pro to select which x-profile fields should be shown on registration form and which of them should be mandatory or optional.

4. Social login

Membership 2 Pro itself doesn't support social login because it's based on a regular WP registration feature. There's however another plugin that would help you with this and it's our Ultimate Facebook that features Facebook login. Take a look here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-facebook/

What do you think about it?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Nir

Adma thanks for the detailed answer:
    I think I am going for what you are directing me, first i am stopping using the UserPro.

1. I will be grateful if you can help with the design to make it a bit more like i showed you (and i also need to move it RTL = Hebrew) BUT we can wait with this untill i fill that every thing in the process is suitable to what i need (which is not much as you simplified it for me in you anwser)

2.The Work flow - I want to do this as simple as possiable
    A-User is been direct to a register form to register for the free stuff i will give him [I rather direct him myself from a landing page / email / a page I will design with the free courses - does this setp make sense? - i fill i don't like this membership page cause it's ugly and not intuitive and i don't want user to bounce and leave without converting to become a user for my free stuff)
    B- He will have a list of what is available to him (after he is logged-in/registered he will be redirect to a page or if you have another way please tell me)
    C- he can see what other courses I have for him and what other lunches are planned ahead
    D- he can logout

I don't mind if he can't see his profile - for now i don't get way i need them to.. maybe only the paying customer will need to..

3)do you think i need to buddy press to make my process happend? I didn't understand how i can benefit from that integration

4) social log in - I will deal with this at the end - with point no. 1 [the CSS fixes]

waiting to read you thought about how to configuer the process i sugested and to understand if it make sense (it's my own website and my first time designing this all membership thing..._

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THE HELP!

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Nir,

1. I will be grateful if you can help with the design to make it a bit more like i showed you (and i also need to move it RTL = Hebrew) BUT we can wait with this untill i fill that every thing in the process is suitable to what i need (which is not much as you simplified it for me in you anwser)

Previous link is now going to M2 memberships page so I'm not sure about the design you're looking for, some screenshots would help.
    I see that only top title is currently not RTL and you should be able to change that by applying this CSS code:

.ms-top-bar {
        text-align: inherit;
    }

2.The Work flow - I want to do this as simple as possiable
    A-User is been direct to a register form to register for the free stuff i will give him [I rather direct him myself from a landing page / email / a page I will design with the free courses - does this setp make sense? - i fill i don't like this membership page cause it's ugly and not intuitive and i don't want user to bounce and leave without converting to become a user for my free stuff)
    B- He will have a list of what is available to him (after he is logged-in/registered he will be redirect to a page or if you have another way please tell me)
    C- he can see what other courses I have for him and what other lunches are planned ahead
    D- he can logout

A - You can create new page for registration and there place this shortcode:
    [ms-membership-register-user membership_id="5"]
    You will only need to change ID of the membership to ID of your membership, it will render registration form that will assign user to that membership by default.
    B - You can create custom page for this and then go to Membership 2 > Settings and for Thank-You Page select your page and it will redirect them there after signup.
    C - Not sure about this part, is this custom page? Could you elaborate a bit?
    D - You can display logout link on any page by simply adding this shortcode:
    [ms-membership-logout]

3)do you think i need to buddy press to make my process happend? I didn't understand how i can benefit from that integration

BuddyPress and Xprofile fields plugins are only needed if you're looking to add more fields in your registration form.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.