Membership – How do I bypass Subscriptions form?

We are working on a site with only one subscription type, Customer. We want all new members to automatically be subscribed to Customer when they register, without having to see the Select a Subscription page.

We followed the advice from other posts in order to bypass the Select a Subscription page by re-defining the MEMBER_SUBSCRIPTION_FORM constant in wp-config, so that it points them directly to the Registration form. However, after filling out the Registration form, instead of going to the designated welcome page, it displays a page titled “Sign up for” that says “Please check the details of your subscriptions below…”, but does not display anything below.

There is only one subscription type, so we don’t want members to have to deal with subscriptions at all. The concept just doesn’t apply to this site. How can we bypass all subscriptions pages, including subscription confirmation?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @chatmandesign

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Can you please provide me a link to your site and also a screenshot of the Membership >> Options >> General page ?

Have you selected the subscription “Customer” under user registration section ?

Please advise.

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

• chatmandesign
    • Flash Drive

I was able to circumvent this issue by tweaking the code on our custom registration page to automatically set the hidden subscription value to 1 (the ID of the only subscription we use).

However, now after registration we're seeing a page that says "You currently have a subscription" and "If you wish to sign up a different subscription" (see attached). I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a confirmation page or an error page, but either way it's really not appropriate for our site. Under Membership Options, it's configured to go directly to the Make My ID page (see attached), but it's not doing that. How can we prevent the display of this strange message, or at least customize it to something more appropriate?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Looks like I missed the screenshot amongst others. Sorry for not having noticed it.

You can just customize the message as I suggested above. Just search for the text strings and replace it with what you want.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.