Membership - How to end the date of when a Level Expires

I have a client I am using the Membership plugin on. They aren't using the online payment part of it though. I am a member and I just received an email that my membership is about to expire even though I already paid for this next year.

What do I need to do so that people are not receiving these incorrect messages?

Thanks!
Melinda

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @mccawphoto

I hope you're well today!

If your client is not using any payment gateway in the plugin, that means that they are accepting manual payments and are assigning subscriptions & access levels manually once they receive payment, is that correct?

If so, that would mean they would need to manage subscription renewals manually also.

How have they set up the access levels in the subscriptions? Are they set to Finite for specific durations? In this case, it may be preferable to set the access levels to Indefinite so they do not expire, and do not trigger any such emails.

As your client would be manually adjusting subscriptions & access levels anyway as renewal payments are received, no expiry dates (i.e.: no Finite access levels) are necessary.

• mccawphoto
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Yes, they accept payments manually and set up subscriptions and access levels manually. I thought that the subscription for Members is set to Indefinite. But as I look at it I am not sure now.

Here is a screenshot. Is it set up correctly?

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, mccaw!

Your settings here look fine, you've set the length as indefinite, which means it should never expire. Is this the only access level/subscription your client has set up?

Would you mind if we took a look under the hood to see if we can track this down faster? If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

Thanks!

• Ivan
    • HummingBird

Hi mccawphoto,

What was the type and the period for that subscription level?

If you had it to finite for a year it is normal people who started like this to receive mails.
    If you had it to indefinite that emails would be strange.

I can see the user you were referring to have it's subscription ending on 26th this month, so it is normal to receive mail notification.

Thanks,
    Ivan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.