Membership: How to set new posts to not-protected by default

I've got a site set up with the latest Membership.

When I make a new blog post, how can I make it so that the new post is available for all to view.

I have my post categories set-up in the Access Levels, and I thought that would trickle down to the individual posts as well. A new post can be read on the main "blog" page, but clicking on the title to view the individual post results in a "protected" message.

I'm hoping there is a way to do this without having to manually add new posts to the access rules every time.

-Ryan

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi Ryan @theIMgeek

Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community and thank you for being a member.

I will look into this for you to see why the individual posts are not getting access levels. Please allow me some time to test this and I will also ask for feedback from the Developer.

If you can please confirm, from your side, what other plugins you're using. If you have various plugins installed and activated, I would suggest that for this exercise, you deactivate all except the membership, so we can rule out any conflicts between plugins. Also, please confirm what theme you're currently using and kindly provide me with a link to your website so I can also have a look at the error online.

Thank you!

Have a good day and talk soon.

Gina

• 3SixtyEvolve

Greetings theIMgeek

Just checking in to see if you have any feedback for me regarding my previous post's request for feedback:

If you can please confirm, from your side, what other plugins you're using. If you have various plugins installed and activated, I would suggest that for this exercise, you deactivate all except the membership, so we can rule out any conflicts between plugins. Also, please confirm what theme you're currently using and kindly provide me with a link to your website so I can also have a look at the error online.

This will assist us in determining what the problem is.

Look forward to your reply.

Have a good day!

GinaB

• theIMgeek

I did a bit of testing.

The blog post is in the category "General News". That category has been given positive access to all membership Access Levels.

I noticed that users can access the post page ONLY IF "General News" is the ONLY category given access. If I also add a positive rule for the "Members Only" category, then that post in "General News" becomes protected content, and does not display.

Active WPMUDEV plugins on this site:
    - Membership Premium
    - E-Newsletter
    - Forums
    - Login Redirect

Third Party Plugins active:
    - Fast Secure Contact Form
    - OrangeBox
    - Post Snippets

Active Theme: Twenty-Eleven

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi Ryan

Some advice from the Developer. When upgrading to the latest version please delete the existing version completely and then upload version RC2. It's best to remove it first as that will ensure that all the new files are uploaded and there aren't any risk of having some files from the old version left behind.

Easiest way would be to use your FTP Client to access the wp-content/plugins folder and delete/upload from there.

All the best!

Gina

• aecnu

Greetings theIMgeek,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.