[membership] How to Turn off BuddyPress to Strangers

It seems that creating negative rules for BuddyPress pages is having no effect to the Stranger level. The Group and Private Messaging control rules work, but not the pages.

Ideally, I'd like to close of my 'Community' blog features to strangers, apart from an introduction page which leads to registration. I don't want the public viewing any content about members, activity, groups etc.

Is this something I should control using the Membership plugin or is there another way which allows the public to see its there but not view the detail?

thanks for any help.
Paul

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

It seems that creating negative rules for BuddyPress pages is having no effect to the Stranger level. The Group and Private Messaging control rules work, but not the pages.

Is the page content visible? Or is that restricted but the menus are still visible? What BP theme are you using? Does it have hardcoded menus or does it use the WP_Nav menu system?

• member1
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Is the page content visible? Or is that restricted but the menus are still visible?

Menus still visible, page content still visible.

What BP theme are you using?

Child theme of BP Default theme. Only styling changes have been made to the child theme.

Does it have hardcoded menus or does it use the WP_Nav menu system?

Using default menus from BP default theme. No menu changes made at this stage.

thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.