Membership: import csv users and change expiration date

I really like how easy Membership is to use. I have a couple of questions:

1) How do I import users from another site using csv file? What type of information do I have to have to do this import successfully? I have a drupal site and can extract any information from the database, but I don't know if Membership allows me to do such an import.

2) This may seem like a simple question, but I can't find the place to change a member's expiration date. Should be a simple task, but I cannot find it without accessing the database directly.
Thanks!

• enioken

Ok, I found a not so simple answer: the membership_relationship is the database table which connects the users IDs to the membership plugin. So in theory, if I create a nice little csv with all the rows and columns needed to establish a connection with existing users (which I have already imported to the regular user table), this should work. In this same table I can manipulate the date of expiration.

However, this table does not have a location to enter an EXISTING Paypal subscription ID (from different site).

So here is the new question: if I add a user manually using this method above, how do I pass the existing Paypal subscriber's id to this site? Let me explain: the user already has a membership in a different site and an existing subscriber Paypal ID. I want to pass them here without having to ask them to resubscribe.

• aecnu

Greetings enioken,

Thank you for the great question and I have no idea as to the answer and if it can be done at all not knowing the way in coding how PayPal integrates within the Membership plugin and how it tracks these items.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe