Membership interfering with auto activate and auto login

Basically, if membership is activated it will forward to the no access/protected page when trying to auto activate/auto login the user with another plugin. If I disable membership, it works fine. There are just a few negative rules for pages that have nothing to do with registration.

WP: 3.1.2
BP: 1.2.8
membership premium: 1.1 beta

If there is a way to disable membership url group checking when registering, that would be probably solve my problem.

• aecnu

Greetings fotnets,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

The WordPress install as well as Buddy Press install are several versions behind and we at WPMU Dev support the newest version of WordPress taking the time to upgrade every plugin and theme after a major update of WordPress.

Please bring your install up to date so if the issues still exist thereafter we have a chance to resolve them and not fighting with the underlying software in which they are built upon.

Our developers nor myself included can downgrade to WordPress 3.1.2 to attempt to resolve possible issues therein when the plugins themselves are built on a different base.

Thank you for understanding.

However, I will pass this information concerning

a way to disable membership url group checking when registering
    as you have requested the ability to do.

Please let us know if this does not resolve your problem by reopening this ticket below marking it as not resolved. Also please indicate if there are any new symptoms or errors if applicable.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• fotnets

I need to get it working on this version, so I would like support for the version I purchased. You can help me, as the code in the newest version is the same in this case anyway, I have debugged it to this being called after or during do_action('bp_core_activated_user'); so perhaps you can point me the right direction. That is where the redirect is happening.

In membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershippublic.php

if(!empty($M_options['nocontent_page']) && $wp_query->queried_object_id != $M_options['nocontent_page'] && !defined('M_REACHED_MENU')) {
    				// grab the content form the no content page
    				$url = get_permalink( (int) $M_options['nocontent_page'] );
    				wp_safe_redirect( $url );
    				exit;

//$post = get_post( $M_options['nocontent_page'] );
    			}

When this runs, $wp_query->queried_object_id is null.

The strange thing is when registering, M_REACHED_MENU is not being defined, I just put a wp_mail() in there and it doesn't run, yet the above code is running.

edit: actually sorry this should run as it's not getting defined. I guess this function is never returning at any point before it reaches here.

if($wp_query->query_vars['post_type'] == 'nav_menu_item') {
    				// we've started looking at menus - implement bad bit of code until find a better method
    				define('M_REACHED_MENU', 'yup');
    			}

Perhaps you can be of service here, it would be much appreciated it if you can just suggest other things I can troubleshoot.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.