membership intro price then auto subscribe (is this possible?)

Hello, I have been looking through the forums and most of the posts are about the menu not showing up etc. I have the membership working find at http://proforceathletics.net

I integrated it into the slide down panel so all membership content is accessible through menus in there.
(pretty cool you should check it out!)
It shows one set of menus for non-members and another if you are logged in (a member)

Now the client wants is to allow access to the membership through an intro price (free) via coupon offered at a social site for a limited time. He wants them to have to sign up thereby giving their CC info to sign up for the free trial but if they don't opt out by 30 days then it begins charging them the monthly rate.

My thought was this: if they signed up with a coupon but how do I get this done? Can I just have them sign up for the monthly subscription amount and give them a coupon for the amount of 1 month? If so how can I offer this with the available options?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

Yep, you should just be able to give them a discount code for that. You might find that it can't quite be a 100% discount though, because it'll still be passed to the payment gateway which won't like processing a payment of zero...

Thanks,
    Phil

• cwinders
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank Phil, I figured it could be done. But I don't see anywhere to set a coupon code in the membership plugin. Would this have to be done through paypal?

And is there a way to charge monthly for an annual membership? What the client wants to do is offer 260.00 for 1 yr membership or 30.00 per month also for 1 yr membership. So he doesn't want to allow them to opt out in 30 days. It is intended to be monthly payments on 1yr membership not a monthly membership.

Thx in advance for the info!

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Sorry, my mistake - Membership doesn't have coupon codes, I was thinking of Pro Sites.

There's no way to force a 12-month membership unfortunately. You could allow a monthly option but that wouldn't stop anyone from cancelling the subscription before the 12 months is up.

Thanks

• cwinders
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Ok that's what I thought too. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Thanks for getting back to me Phil.

Other than these extra things the client wanted to do with the application. The membership plugin works great! Keep up the good work WPMU!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.