Membership is giving me nightmares

I have two menu's set up one for non paid and one for paid.

Then I have 4 access levels set up. Stranger Level 1 Level 2 and Community Manager.

I haven't done anything with Community manager yet. I think I have Stranger/visitor set correctly.

Level 1 and Level 2 don't give me the menu I have set. It's different so I'm really unclear about what pages I'm either protecting or not protecting with the membership plugin.

What I thought I was doing was setting the main menu tabs. Then each page I could either turn on or off for level 1 and 2

Actually I have one member who I just tried adding level 1 and it limited the tabs showing. He is currently added at Level 2 twice one is bolded. I'll add some screen shots as soon as I post this.

I can't get past this either my lack of understanding of the plugin. or it's inability to work properly. I'm always open to user error but some clarity would be helpful.

• chuck_franks
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ok I figured out the menu issue myself.

I'm still really struggling with how to understand what level someone is at. Based on feedback I've gotten the bold one is the access level they are at. Yet some of my members have more than one access level in Bold. Which seems counter intuitive to me. Unless that is how a subscription that moved someone from a free trial period and then up to a paid version works so both are true for awhile.

I added a subscription plan while continuing to work on this and it auto added two members. I didn't tell it to do it at all. What up with that?

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

A bold level is a level they are on as part of a subscription, and so that level will change as they move through the subscription. The non bold levels are ones that they have been directly added to and will not change unless an admin user moves them to another level or removes them from it.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I added a subscription plan while continuing to work on this and it auto added two members. I didn't tell it to do it at all. What up with that?

Never seen that before - are you able to duplicate it and post up the steps you went through?

• Mike
    • New Recruit

Hi @chuck_franks

It looks as though this was solved but never marked as resolved.

I've marked it as resolved now, if this problem is still an issue please post again here and we'll try and help out :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Mike

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.