Membership issue

Just upgraded to the latest wordpress and noticed something (no idea if this is new, or courtesy of the latest version), but when you go to the membership plugin's member list, you can see what access level and plan they're enrolled in, and there are links to edit, move, or drop them.

When you perform any of these commands and save, you get a message (across the top of the dashboard) saying that the record has been updated, but their actual listed status does not appear to change (ie, if you have a "free" and a "pro" account, and move someone from pro to free and save, you get a message that SAYS they've been moved, but they're still LISTED AS pro...

Am getting ready to do some testing to see if the account has indeed changed, but wanted to report what I'd found so far.

-=Vel=-

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

This sounds like you have a table issue, can you go to the Membership -> Options -> Advanced tab and click on the Verify button, if there are any red notices, then click on the repair and it should fix them (clicking verify again afterwards will confirm if it has or not).

It may also be worth you grabbing the beta we are running as the current version has a lot of bug fixes in it. You can get it from here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-343-beta

• christopher_d__hartpence
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Barry, it strikes me that you are the guy to ask. I've got EVERYTHING about the site working how I want it (I think), but I'm getting a fatal redirect loop when I enable the membership plugin. I've tested the components and user levels and so far as I can tell, this is literally the last hurdle to clear.

If you come to the site, I can give you admin access if you can put your eagle eyes on it and tell me what I'm missing.

-=Vel=-
    site is playtheplanet.org and my email is cdhartpence (at) hotmail.

Many thanks!

At the moment, the general shape of the thing looks like this:

I have three levels. Free, Paid, and Visitor.

Visitor can see the front page and the registration related pages, and that's it.

The other two break visibility down, but not in a way that should impact the login.

Enable the plugin, and of course, since I'm logged in, it works great for me.

But when I open a new browser and try to log in as one of my test accounts, I get a "too many redirects" error.

I have ZERO idea why, and after wrestling with it for three days, I'm at my wit's end... LOL

-=Vel=-
    (if you go to the site now, the plugin is enabled and you'll surely see this behavior in action)

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Visitor can see the front page and the registration related pages, and that's it.

Assuming you've protected everything other than those then that's right. Membership automatically makes the registration pages available to the visitor without you having to do it automatically.

(if you go to the site now, the plugin is enabled and you'll surely see this behavior in action)

I don't have a user account (have you emailed one through?), so can't see...

But when I open a new browser and try to log in as one of my test accounts, I get a "too many redirects" error.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

But just to be clear though - your above post is for a different issue than you opened this thread for, so is the following now fixed?

When you perform any of these commands and save, you get a message (across the top of the dashboard) saying that the record has been updated, but their actual listed status does not appear to change (ie, if you have a "free" and a "pro" account, and move someone from pro to free and save, you get a message that SAYS they've been moved, but they're still LISTED AS pro...

• phillcoxon
    • The Crimson Coder

I just went to the site and tried signing up as a free member. It seemed to work just fine although I then found myself on the subscription page with only a paid option to choose from. There was an offer there to get the first year free using a coupon but entering the coupon didn't work.

I didn't see any redirect issues while doing this.

As far as the coupon goes - if you have the coupon active I believe this is a problem in the current version of Membership which is going to be fixed by the beta. Are you running the beta version now as suggested by Barry?

Hey Barry...that's correct...this is a separate issue. I stopped testing the first when this one basically smacked me in the head, tho I did indeed install the most recent beta.

@ Phil...oh no! :slight_frown: We had some issues initially with the coupon but thought we had those sorted. There *should be* a free version available there on the registration page as well (the PtP essentials version).

As to that, I just went back and retested...registration process seems to work fine (and the coupon worked for me, curiously), but...if I log out then try to log back in with my existing account...that's when I get bombed.

re: Barry and a user account...I don't have your email, but if you get it to me, I will absolutely create an account and shoot you the login details! :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.