Membership Issues in Firefox

I'm having an issue in Firefox with the membership signup. It's working in Chrome.

If you click on the "sign up" button from my registration page, in Chrome you get the coupon page, correctly formatted. In Firefox, however, you get an account registration form.

See attached. The top graphic is Firefox. The bottom graphic is Chrome. Same page, different results.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

The second screenshot (from Chrome?) Is the second screen that any user will see when they are finishing their subscription process. Even those that are not logged in. Only new users will see it after they create their account and are asked to confirm their subscription

Best,

Kimberly.

• Troy
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Sorry, let me back up.

I'm under the impressions that a user should pay for their listing before they create a user in Wordpress.

My steps right now are:

1. Go to this page (http://attorneys.us/register-2/) and click Sign Up
    2. Enter in coupon code (if they have one) click subscribe.
    3. Pay for use.
    4. Redirect to (http://attorneys.us/directory-signup/) Wordpress sign up. (Gravity Form + User Registration Add on).
    5. Then redirect to Directory Listing creation form...

Is this not correct? Do I need to have them create a Wordpress user first before paying?

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi again,

WellI think its because you arelogging into an account which isnt part of the paid membership.

So are you logging in with a normal user account you created before installing Membership? Or are you using you admin account?

Your steps are right, this is what I see:

1. I visit this page and see the $100 membership package: http://attorneys.us/register-2/
    2. Once clicked Im taken to this page (your 1st screenshot): http://attorneys.us/register-2/?action=registeruser&subscription=2 where I can sign-up for an account and carry on to pay. Think of this as a checkout stage.

You need to sort the template for that second page I reckon though so its part of your site as it feels a bit disconnected.

If I already had an account on your site and visited number 2. then I would see screenshot two.....I think :wink:

So my advice is see what account you are using to log in with actually is i.e. normal user or admin etc. If its a normal user account then either make them a paid member in your membership admin or delete the account and use your admin account.

If you are using your admin account then its worrying as I dont think you should see the second screenshot when logged in as admin as that account is automatically a fully "paid" member.

Hope that helps

• Troy

Thanks for looking at this ThePath.

However, I don't ever want to see "http://attorneys.us/register-2/?action=registeruser&subscription=2". This page should have been replaced with my Gravity Forms + User Registration Add On.

Styling it doesn't seem the answer either. There's not even a submit button on that page. :slight_frown:

I either need a way to make that page go away, allowing my users to pay first then sign up, or I need to change the order in which people sign up, moving the registration before they pay. Ideally, I'd like them to pay then sign up. I just need someone to let me know if that's possible.

Thanks again for your thoughts ThePath. Hopefully I can get this resolved soon and move on to my other problems. :wink:

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

Is the Gravity Forms + User Registration Add On part of Membership plugin i.e. an extra membership addon module? I cant recall it?

If it isnt part of it then can I ask why you need it? Surely the membership plugin will handle everything you need?

I guess I might be missing something here but surely the way membership works out of the box is what you need?

So a user chooses a package, pays and registers, becoming a member.

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

Ahaaa well if it isnt part of the membership plugin I would imagine that its probably not designed to integrate with it.

Unless somebody knows how to integrate them I would say ditch Gravity for this particular form i.e. signup etc and stick with the standard membership ones.

Sorry I couldnt be more help.

• Troy

I actually learned about using Gravity Forms with this from another WPMU thread. I think it was Mason that pointed me in this direction.

Anyhow, I'm going to change the order of things just to get this working.

Thanks for all your thoughts ThePath! I hope you have a great day!

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

There is no doubt Gravity forms is popular and kicks ass but as Membership is a pretty big, complex plugin it uses standard WP features or its own. I guess a feature request to integrate nicely with gravity might be considered...

Cheers have a good one too

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.