Membership levels are not dropping old subscription level upon upgrade

Still no resolution. (I have initiated "Support Access" for the back-end of my site).

#1) I'm having an old issue resurface.
#2) I'm having two new issues never seen before.
#3) I have a membership level that isn't working correctly...

Here's the scenario for #1 & #2...
When a visitor signs up for a new account as a 'Registered User' we have assigned a membership level that is to be applied to 'just registered users' and not (members). We also assign a 'user-role' to all membership levels on the site.
a) When registered user becomes a member and upgrades to a paid 'Membership Level', it doesn't drop the old default assigned level. (used to happen, was fixed, and now is re-happening) -- (See Pic #2)
b) Also... when the registered user upgrades they are automatically assigned "Membership Permissions" (See Pic #1). I don't think this is supposed to happen... at least I don't want it too!
c) When I go in and manually drop the old subscription level it returns the assigned 'user-role' back to subscriber. (See Pic #3) I then have to go in and manually restore them to the appropriate user-role. (Lots of manual work)!

Issue #3...
There is a membership level on our site with 40 members labeled as #6 (under order), that is not functioning correctly, it is giving access to area's that have not been checked as available (almost like it's recognized as an 'admin' level). I don't want to announce the name of the level here for security reasons. I have activated support access and would appreciate someone looking at this for me as it is about to grow 10x as soon as we send out formal invitations to over 10k potential users at the end of this coming week.

I have deleted the access level and re-built it with no success but I have not deleted the subscription level yet.

I have done all the trouble shooting I could think of (accept deleting the subscription level entirely) and could use some fresh eyes on this. 'Pushing 36hrs straight'...

Thanks!

• Michael Bissett

Hey @sdinvestor2k,

a) When registered user becomes a member and upgrades to a paid 'Membership Level', it doesn't drop the old default assigned level. (used to happen, was fixed, and now is re-happening) -- (See Pic #2)

What was changed between the time it was working, and now? Did you update the plugin, or change a setting?

b) Also... when the registered user upgrades they are automatically assigned "Membership Permissions" (See Pic #1). I don't think this is supposed to happen... at least I don't want it too!

Does this only happen when you have a custom user role assigned to a member? If you were to set the default level for a user to be assigned to when registering to one that didn't have a user role set, and then try subscribing, does this issue show up?

Issue #3...
    There is a membership level on our site with 40 members labeled as #6 (under order), that is not functioning correctly, it is giving access to area's that have not been checked as available (almost like it's recognized as an 'admin' level).

I'm seeing that that particular level is assigned quite a lot, have you already tried making the rules very restrictive, just to see if that makes a difference?

If that doesn't make a difference, then how about this? If you were to go and register a user following the idea suggested for point b), does the same thing happen?

Please advise,
    Michael

• SD2k

I have resolved all but one issue listed here and an explanation of the cause is also pretty detailed. I don't want it to get confused with things stated in this thread so I'm going to mark this as resolved and start a new thread since how I explained what was happening here is not what is happening now...

Could you please delete the image files I posted and associated with this thread?

Thanks!