Membership Levels Not Restricted When Using the "Next" "Back" Links in Base Temp

I am using the Twenty-Ten WP theme for this site.

I have memberships that are
--Public (Strangers allowed)
--Silver
--Gold

ETA: I almost forgot that I am using categories to limit access as this is easiest for the customer in question.

When navigating to a given post or page, any member of the public can scroll down and click to see the next post/page in a series whether it is labeled as a "gold" or "silver" only access.

I have also run into the 404 message replacing the selected permissions denied page pointed out elsewhere in the forums.

Please advise.

Thanks,

MLO

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi MLO,

Thanks for the details upfront. To help clarify, those posts that are supposed to be restricted, are they restricted using a Post rule or Category rule? Perhaps both?

If they're restricted using a Category rule, are you also able to access the respective posts directly (by typing in the actual url of the post)?

The 404 issue may have to do with a conflict with the restrictions. Is there an example you could provide of a post or page that always yields the 404 error?

Thanks,
    David

• mlo
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The restriction is via a Category rule. When the url of the page is typed it shows the page rather than the restriction.

We disabled much of the site because of this issue. I've tried several ways of limiting access and none have consistently worked.

I tried positive rule allowing PUBLIC.
    I tried negative not allowing GOLD and SILVER

If it would be helpful to contact you with an admin level user to look at I would appreciate it as this is making me a bit crazy.

Thanks,

MLO

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

Sorry for the slow response here.

The rules for categories will not stop the prev/next links from appearing on your posts - it will only apply to accessing the actual posts.

On the 404 issue, have you set your no access page in a positive rule?

Phil

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.