Membership levels with options, possible?

4 levels of membership

level 1: select 1 of 4 options

level 2: select 2 of 4 options

level 3: select 3 of 4 options

level 4: all 4 options

Can Membership support these types of levels?

• pianoman

I am not a WPMU support rep but have used membership a lot including some underlying code modifications.

Frankly, I do not know of a solution without modification of the underlying Membership code (something I have done in the past to support a special payment processing need).

Your options above map to "Access Levels" in Membership terminology. So one would expect to create 4 access levels and allow selection of one or more access levels in the subscription process. This is definitely not out-of-the-box currently.

Because Membership currently does not support individual subscription plan short codes, one cannot easily build multiple forms to address the issue by increasing the number of subscription levels; i.e. level1_1, level1_2,...,level2_1,level2_2...Level4

Currently we only have a documented [subscriptionform] short code which displays all public subscriptions in one form. There are also a few undocumented short codes that are of minimal use; e.g. [subscriptiontitle]

I think a feature request for subscription plan shortcodes would allow creation of the custom pages for subscriptions that you need but in my opinion that is not something that can be done overnight.

Others may have some ideas about different approaches that might work. Frankly, I don't see one right now that is fully automated.

If you are running a fairly small membership operation, then you could use a form following subscription and manually add private subscriptions or access levels; i.e. there would only be 4 public subscriptions.

• Zyniker

The short answer: Yes, this can be done.

The longer answer: No, this cannot be done the way you want without some (relatively heavy) modification of Membership. In order to accomplish this, you'll need to create a membership level for each possible combination (i.e., if you have options A, B, C, and D, you'd need membership levels for A, B, C, D, AB, AC, AD, BC, BD, CD, ABC, ABD, ACD, BCD, and ABCD). This will work, but it is not as neat as the selection process you envision.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.