Membership Log In Process

I’ve just about configured everything to work properlly with the Membership plugin but is there a way to create a custom sign in page for members aside from the wp-admin login page? I would then like it to redirect them to the appropriate page based on their level or subscription plan.

Not sure if this is a simple solution or I’m asking for the world.

Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wayoutwest,

Thank you for the great question and I would have to say half and half – half a simple solution and half asking for the world …. lol

I shall explain.

The simple:

The /wp-login.php can be easily enough customized using a number of plugins.

Relative to the redirection depending on your site configuration, the Login Redirect plugin

can redirect the member upon logging in anywhere you want them.

The world:

To override any of the pages generated by membership with your own you can easily define the following in your wp-config

MEMBERSHIP_ACCOUNT_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_REGISTRATION_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_SUBSCRIPTION_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_MEMBER_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_UPGRADE_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_RENEW_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_PAYMENT_FORM

using (‘MEMBERSHIP_****_FORM’,’/full/server/path/to/file/’:wink:;

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• wayoutwest
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey Joe,

After a long Holiday weekend I’m finally attacking this again. Basically what my client would like this to do is allow our current membership (of 400+ members) to be sent a “create an account” page in the new site (utilizing the membership plugin). They would then create their own Username, PW, Email, School, etc. Then ME as an admin would need to approve their registration to allow access. OR more importantly, could I send out a COUPON code for 1 type of access and another for a different access?

Real world example:

We have two curriculum programs. I have a list of all members that should have access to “NUTRITION” and “GARDEN”. I’d like to be able to send my garden members a code to input that would define them into the NUTRITION subscription plan so I wouldn’t have to manually input each one. (400 will take me quite some time)

Again, hope I’m not asking too much. My soft launch for this new system is this week once I figure out member registration. Thanks!!!!!!

• wayoutwest

Hey Joe,

So I created 2 subscriptions, one for each program and my signup page is there, but a few funny things are happening. My subs show allong with signup buttons. When I click on the signup button Im taken to a subscribe page but there is nowhere to input the member information. I click on SUBSCRIBE and it takes me to a screen that says check my details to complete the subscription.

The clash of the CSS is also starting to get more challenging as well.

I can send you admin access so you can see if maybe I’m setting up something wrong.

Thank you.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wayoutwest,

Thank you for letting me know the interesting challenges we are facing with this installation.

Lets start with the registration page, have you indeed created it?

And it has been assigned inside Membership (screen shot below)?

To date I am unaware of any credentials being sent in, were did you send them?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• wayoutwest

Hey Joe,

Sent credentials but never heard back. Still trying to sort this issue out. This is the biggest glitch in my site right now and it’s holding up the launch till I get it sorted out.

Got most of my other issues sorted. Any ideas?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wayoutwest,

Thank you for the update and I have indeed figured out the credentials finding the email containing them in my Windows Live junk box!

In response to the fact that you mentioned that Got most of my other issues sorted what is the remaining issue or the most pressing issue you want me to dig into right now please?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wayoutwest,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• wayoutwest

Thanks Joe,

Barry responded to me the other day but I’m still waiting on a couple issues that still seems to not be resolving.

1. I just want to be able to modify the sign in page to add a “SCHOOL” where there would typically be the Website. I just need some way to sort out my members when they register.

2. Also, the coupons are not being created. I tried several times to create them but after I do they aren’t there. One thought I had was to create a specific coupon code for each school that registers for our service. We have over 50 in the state of California alone and we are now expanding to other states. I’d like to create a coupon code that would automatically assign them to the appropriate subscription which I could then name the school (This would allow me to just bypass the 1st issue above) – I hope that makes sense.

You still have access to my site so feel free to peek in and see if you are able to get the coupons working.

Thanks!!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wayoutwest,

Thank you for the additional input and questions.

1. I just want to be able to modify the sign in page to add a “SCHOOL” where there would typically be the Website. I just need some way to sort out my members when they register.

This is definitely going to require heavy custom coding that is way beyond the scope of the support we provide here and also way beyond my own personal coding skills – actually I cannot even imagine how to pull it off at all and there is no chance that we will get one of the developers/coders to do this that I am aware of – but they are free to chime in at any time.

Alternatively, you could see if there’s a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

2. Also, the coupons are not being created.

Coupon issues have been indeed dealt with in the Membership 3.4 RC 1 as mentioned on the page I have linked.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wayoutwest,

Thank you for the great question.

Please back up first!

It would be best to delete the entire membership folder via FTP and then upload the new files, which is also the cleanest way to do it.

You would NOT want to delete anything in the database nor delete it from the dashboard.

Please advise how this works out and if indeed the coupon issue is resolved.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wayoutwest,

Thank you for trying and now after digging in some more and finding the reason I am not having the same results as you are is because you are working with a Solo WordPress installation and I am on a MultiSite.

So I switched testing platforms to a solo installation and this is what I found that needs to be done:

/membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershipadmin.php Line 6811:

if(!is_network_admin()) {
    // We are on a single site admin interface
    $sql .= $this->db->prepare( "WHERE site_id = %d", $this->db->blogid );
    }

Since you are on a single site install, you are not a network admin and the plugin is trying to add the WHERE in the SQL statement.

So it can either be remove it as shown above or change it to:

if(is_network_admin()) {
    // We are on a single site admin interface
    $sql .= $this->db->prepare( "WHERE site_id = %d", $this->db->blogid );
    }

Please let me know if this indeed does the job for us on your WordPress Solo installation.

Cheers, Joe

• wayoutwest

Thanks for that Joe,

On the line you specify 6811 it’s in the middles of a table so it doesn’t seem to work. I’ve attached a screen shot so you can point out where it needs to go.

Also, where the lines of code supposed to be the same or different? The look identical.

Thanks!! Almost there.

• wayoutwest

Hate to be a pain but every request seems to take at least a day to get a response. All I need to know is where does this code go? The lines pointed to does not work.

Once I get this issue settled I’ll be out of your hair. Promise. (unless something else doesnt work)

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wayoutwest,

Thank you for getting back to me with your screen shot etc.

You are not being a pain at all and the probable reason for the day difference is the amount of tickets we answer per day combined with the time zone difference.

However, I see that you have updated to the newest release version 3.4.1.1 which indeed the change log indicates this issue is now fixed without needing to adjust the coding.

Can you please confirm this for me and that this particular issue is now resolved?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wayoutwest,

Thank you for letting me know.

Barry has been hard at work to come up with solution and debugging hard on the Membership plugin which in turn is the cause for several updates one after the other.

Can you please once again update to the newest version which is right now version 3.4.1.2 in which he fixed several items?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• wayoutwest

He has responded back and informed me to “FIX MEMBERSHIP DATABASE” or something like that. I can now see the coupons. But I had another question as well…

I have over 50 schools involved in our program and my thinking was to have each school have their own coupon code. But there’s no way to know who used what coupon code is there? My other thought was that I would need to create a subscription for each school… any other ideas that would work?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wayoutwest,

Thank you for the additional questions.

I have over 50 schools involved in our program and my thinking was to have each school have their own coupon code. But there’s no way to know who used what coupon code is there?

You mean which school would use the coupon code from a different school or?

In any event there is no coupon code tracking available.

My other thought was that I would need to create a subscription for each school… any other ideas that would work?

I would think that each school would have their own site in the MultiSite install and Membership perhaps site by site activated and then it would have its own coupons and a lot of issues would not appear.

Oh yes it will be a lot more work but ….

And your thoughts on this subject matter are?

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wayoutwest,

Thank you for letting us know but when I visit your site the registration page right up as shown in my screen shot below.

I would suspect that either browser caching or possibly WordPress caching if you are using it was messing with your head.

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.