Membership Login problem (Seems like cookie issue)

Hi guys,

We have WP 3.3.2 Membership 3 RC-2 installed I still have an issue about why my paid membership upgrades say (upgrades Unavailable) I'm still working on that with no avail, but this post is really to ask for help concerning a weird behavior which I have boiled down to a cookie issue (OR so I believe) During enrolling for a new membership everything goes fine member is redirected to the welcome page and my "Member Menu" shows up, as well as the WP Admin Toolbar, BUT if you log out and then try to log back in the user is redirected to the welcome page with no "Member Menu" and no WP Admin Toolbar. The Login form even shows as if you're not logged in, but if you go to .../wp-admin you see that you are and can then logout. Weird behavior it is as if the frontend of the site shows as logged out but the backend shows logged in.

TO BE CLEAR this is on the same login session, we're referencing when you log back in using the user and PW that was created during the enrollment of a membership everything that was (and should be) available during the enrollment is now unavailable as if your are not logged in and even the login form is showing as if you're not logged in.

BEFORE YOU ASK: We have cleared the cookies several times, have tried on several browsers (Chrome, I.E., Firefox), we have tried changing the theme as we found in some other posts on the web, have checked several files for errors (pluggable, functions, wp-config) and can not seem to find any though we could be missing something.

PLEASE HELP really need to get the site live the man @ the top is getting impatient with the delays we keep telling him we'll get it fix, but no matter what we try we can't seem to find the problem. We have narrowed it down to what we can only think is a cookie issue.
We seem to have found an old post here, that seems to be similar to our issue, but no answer attached to it...
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-plugin-cookie-issue

Here's our site...
http://www.SpiritualRetreatsCenter.com

Thanks, in advance, guys we really appreciate your help....

• Barry

Hi, just to be clear - membership has no input / control or affect on the login or cookies of your wordpress site - the code to touch any of that just isn't in the plugin, so it's likely to be another issue than the plugin.

Now, login cookies are based on your domain. Can you pop up your wp-config.php file so we can check a couple of the settings (note: blank any passwords first). Also, do you have any caching installed on your site? Any domain mapping currently running, or domain based hacks you picked up from elsewhere?

• SRCenter

Thanks for your help,

Sorry for the delay in replying. Concerning your questions; No caching yet I read about similar issues with Cache plugs but I haven't gotten there yet, figured better left for last. Domain Mapping YES. Concerning domain base hacks, not that I know of unless a plugin left one there that I can't find, but not by me. I also have BP installed but not running on any sites right now. I tried the Peter's Login plugin after the "Logout Redirect" seemed to be giving me login issues, but have since disabled Peter's Login. I have had the double logout issue at one point as well. Similar to this post, I found quite a few post about what seems to be similar to what I'm experiencing, but can't seem to find a direct solution. But here's a post of what I was experiencing at one point, but now that's fixed, but now have the issue now that we're working on. Post referenced below...
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/cannot-logout#post-84029

I know something screwed up my config, but can't seem to figure out what. I'm a newbie @ WP used it years ago, but ever since I've been developing with Joomla, this is my first true project with WP and I really love where it's going and what you guys are doing. I know my issue is something silly, but after days of searching and trying different proposed solutions, I had to call you guys in on this with me, as the boss is wondering why we're not up and I can't find a reason for why.
    Thanks for your help with this, I really appreciate it...

wp-config.php as requested below..

<?php
    /**
    * The base configurations of the WordPress.
    * This file has the following configurations: MySQL settings, Table Prefix,
    * Secret Keys, WordPress Language, and ABSPATH. You can find more information
    * by visiting {@link http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php Editing
    * wp-config.php} Codex page. You can get the MySQL settings from your web host.
    * This file is used by the wp-config.php creation script during the
    * installation. You don't have to use the web site, you can just copy this file
    * to "wp-config.php" and fill in the values.
    * @package WordPress
    */

// ** MySQL settings - You can get this info from your web host ** //
    /** The name of the database for WordPress */
    define('DB_NAME', 'BLANK');

/** MySQL database username */
    define('DB_USER', 'BLANK');

/** MySQL database password */
    define('DB_PASSWORD', 'BLANK');

/** MySQL hostname */
    define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');

/** Database Charset to use in creating database tables. */
    define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');

/** The Database Collate type. Don't change this if in doubt. */
    define('DB_COLLATE', '');

/**#@+
    * Authentication Unique Keys and Salts.
    * Change these to different unique phrases!
    * You can generate these using the {@link https://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.1/salt/ WordPress.org secret-key service}
    * You can change these at any point in time to invalidate all existing cookies. This will force all users to have to log in again.
    * @since 2.6.0
    */
    define('AUTH_KEY', '@j?ipQ1nR,yuuCW@Uspiritualretreatscenter.netAS-{%gQEpSr_+<dyb+>:Yd#nWbetyh~4rmMUap4Q6rZEcZy');
    define('SECURE_AUTH_KEY', '+hOIBXnJ~C;ftmT([CA|]_wDSspiritualretreatscenter.netG<K?#S8{H>//EaLy7]h:jhRfj.K=Usg#g&$9+ox');
    define('LOGGED_IN_KEY', 'c8K?-u_wU{BZ2yHK_sbOo1@?!spiritualretreatscenter.net}H<`PM%7^l6VJTY,~DSOJ,zCtVI@Ym$WZi1@5x5');
    define('NONCE_KEY', 's5,9YV+%:+HFX#l~ %RE`AZ/pspiritualretreatscenter.netUzn<&<R%71t-|[H-L+}AtN9/thH&dMcVM8WN|Q}');
    define('AUTH_SALT', 'KUEIq@~d.Tk+~t>1:HS9$8G_*spiritualretreatscenter.netzG,jcuq2l=7l#KE[-1c)QW3a{LwGi-kwhRVP&]g');
    define('SECURE_AUTH_SALT', ';0GoKVCGWIZh:YOa*h[]-T&Dispiritualretreatscenter.netnp=:iQ;z$>OkEYNi2@Y`|5-c|n:Jb #}97E?LX7');
    define('LOGGED_IN_SALT', 'we3RP{hVolwbVh-((L%LEcHKlspiritualretreatscenter.net[IaA9<bDvi`h/M:3U7xK8S]A|.Q,2$|*jcOqWNB');
    define('NONCE_SALT', '~<MckLITBiGaIV)497^JDbe-)spiritualretreatscenter.netG:*}/Prup?HeQMLNLz2kG~d/306X7Noin@gGh7+');

/**#@-*/

/**
    * WordPress Database Table prefix.
    * You can have multiple installations in one database if you give each a unique
    * prefix. Only numbers, letters, and underscores please!
    */
    $table_prefix = 'wp_';

/**
    * WordPress Localized Language, defaults to English.
    * Change this to localize WordPress. A corresponding MO file for the chosen
    * language must be installed to wp-content/languages. For example, install
    * de_DE.mo to wp-content/languages and set WPLANG to 'de_DE' to enable German
    * language support.
    */
    define('WPLANG', '');

/**
    * For developers: WordPress debugging mode.
    * Change this to true to enable the display of notices during development.
    * It is strongly recommended that plugin and theme developers use WP_DEBUG
    * in their development environments.
    */
    define('WP_DEBUG', false );
    define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' );
    define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true);
    define( 'MULTISITE', true );
    define( 'SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', false );
    $base = '/';
    define( 'DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'spiritualretreatscenter.net' );
    define( 'PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/' );
    define( 'SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1 );
    define( 'BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1 );
    define( 'BP_ENABLE_MULTIBLOG', true );
    /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

/** Absolute path to the WordPress directory. */
    if ( !defined('ABSPATH') )
    define('ABSPATH', dirname(__FILE__) . '/');

/** Sets up WordPress vars and included files. */
    require_once(ABSPATH . 'wp-settings.php');

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.