Membership + MarketPress

Hi. I use MarketPress for my site. I want to integrate Membership with it.

When someone buys something from my site, I want them to be able to be logged in already (using Membershi) and thus see a history of all ordered placed.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

• shanx24
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

So basically the answer to my question is No?

What can do with Marketpress itself? The default install is pretty crap. This is paid software, and is worse than some of the free carts out there like JigoShop. What gives?

I truly was hoping that the whole point of all these cluttered plugins from WPMU Dev was that at least they work together.

Would appreciate any direction on how to make Marketpress remember shoppers. Otherwise, please let me know where I need to apply for a refund for this drivel.

Thanks.

• shanx24
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

And that person is shown as logged in? So at the top, I can have a "Welcome, XYZ" type thing, by checking that XYZ is logged in?

I'm not looking for a boring "feature" where a person has to enter an email address in a specific page to see his past orders. That's what my default Marketpress is showing right now.

• shanx24
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you. That sounds promising.

But I hope we're talking about the same thing.

I'm looking for a membership capability, the way Amazon.com allows.

So with "remember me" feature that you mention, will this work:

1. The login info (his user ID) can be carried all across the site, or only on that one page from MarketPress? The same user name will be used for comments etc on the rest of the site?

2. In the Account History page, nicely show his profile info plus his older orders. Can you direct me to documentation to style the CSS etc? Not just shortcodes, I want to control every element that is shown on the page by MarketPress.

3. Is there a "Wishlist" feature where the user does not add to cart, but adds to wishlist and can then come back to buy them later?

Thanks.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

1. The login info (his user ID) can be carried all across the site, or only on that one page from MarketPress? The same user name will be used for comments etc on the rest of the site?

Yes

2. In the Account History page, nicely show his profile info plus his older orders. Can you direct me to documentation to style the CSS etc? Not just shortcodes, I want to control every element that is shown on the page by MarketPress.

There is an order history page, yes.

3. Is there a "Wishlist" feature where the user does not add to cart, but adds to wishlist and can then come back to buy them later?

Not built-in, no.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.