Membership: Media protection path masking and the Media Library

I'm working with the media protection features of Membership but feel like I might be confused here.

All the files are physically stored in a randomized folder name (eg: uploads3472 ) on the server. My Wordpress settings have made that the default storage spot for all upoads. I don't want that folder name to be revealed anywhere on the site, so ALL media must go through the protection process.

When I add images to a page/post using the media library, it inserts the true path containing uploads3472 in the filename and does not use the Membership masking folder.

Am I missing something here? Or does the Membership plugin not interact with the media library? Am I expected to manually modify filenames for every image used? (gee, I hope not!)

I have things configured properly, and the images are currently accessible via the true path and the masked path. Just wondering about the automatic insertion of images.

-Ryan

• Barry

When I add images to a page/post using the media library, it inserts the true path containing uploads3472 in the filename and does not use the Membership masking folder.

Membership masks the directory at the time the post is shown on the public side of the site, it doesn't alter the content stored on the database as, should the plugin be removed, the content would suddenly not be visible.

• theIMgeek

I discovered the cause of my trouble, which may be something of interest to the developers.

Image paths were not being automatically masked... except for media still using the original wp-content/uploads path. Those images were masked.

I had changed my upload destination to the uploads3742 folder AFTER installing the Membership Plugin, so I suspect it did not pick up on the change.

I made a manual change to my database in the wp_options table, updating fileupload_url to match the new media location.

That fixed it!

-Ryan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.