Membership; member count and number of user in access level not the same

Sorry this is for Membership Plugin, not Dashboard, but there was no option for Membership.

Why is the number for active members different than access level users.

• Anang

Hi @thevillageblog

Thanks for contacting us :slight_smile:

I see you're using old Membership plugin which is really outdated , and we have released our newest Membership 2 Pro also come with Protection Rules (which is a separate plugin before). You need to upgrade your old Membership plugin to 3.5.3.3 first to prepare upgrading to Membership 2 Pro.

I'm also recommend to do a backup first to prevent unwanted issues when upgrading the plugins :slight_smile: And perhaps the issues is fixed in Membership 2 Pro.

Let me know if you still encounter the issues after upgrading :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• thevillageblog

Hi,
    I have upgraded to 3.5.3.3 and noticed some changes. Couple of questions.

1. Is there a way to also allow users to change their avatars using "Account" instead of the BP Profile option?
    2. I have the change visibility plugin but do not see that in "Account", do you have a separate option for that?
    3. Would like to hide certain fields like "Website" how can I do that?

Thanks

• Tyler Postle

Hey thevillageblog,

It's possible you may have manually applied access levels to a few of the users, which is why the subscription and access level count would be different.

1. Is there a way to also allow users to change their avatars using "Account" instead of the BP Profile option?

This isn't possible without custom development.

2. I have the change visibility plugin but do not see that in "Account", do you have a separate option for that?

3. Would like to hide certain fields like "Website" how can I do that?

I'd recommend upgrading to Membership 2: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/

It's the re-written version of the Membership plugin you're using which we've replaced now with M2. Users, memberships, and the connection between them will all be imported over. The only thing you will need to setup again is the protected content for the memberships.

The M2 account page is much different and provides a lot more information on the memberships themselves, with the option to hide certain tables :slight_smile: there is no "website" field in the M2 account page either.

Let me know if you have any questions about upgrading!

All the best,
    Tyler

• thevillageblog

After review of your Membership Pro 2 we would prefer to continue to use Membership 3.5.3.3

So would still like to hide fields like "Website".

Another issue just realized, made a change to a custom field on the account page and received an error when updating account.

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/content/37/9552237/html/vatpt1/villageatthepark/wp-content/plugins/another-wordpress-classifieds-plugin/admin/user-panel.php on line 78

What kind of error is this?

Thanks for your help.

Lucien

UPDATE: received same error on our live site using version 3.4.4.1

• Tyler Postle

Hey Villageblog,

What issues did you have with Membership 2 exactly? Only reason I ask is because we're no longer supporting Membership 1 - so if it becomes incompatible with a future version of WP then you may need to hire a developer.

Another issue just realized, made a change to a custom field on the account page and received an error when updating account.

That error is from your "Another WordPress Classifieds Plugin". Usually a warning like that is harmless; however, it's worth letting the developer of the plugin know abotu it so they can fix it in a future version.

As for removing that field, do you mind granting support access? We can see about removing that for you.

You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

I do hope that we can get Membership 2 working to your liking though as I think you will run into a lot more issues in the future if you stick with Membership 1.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• thevillageblog

Going to take a different route. Decided to stay with Membership1 for now. The transition to MP2 created several issues with design and conflict with previous registration pages, also confusion when using BuddyPress pages.
    Quick fix was to only use BP profile and remove links to Account pages.
    Thanks for your help.

PS. biggest feature we are using is the option to restrict menu and pages from guests. Do you have a plugin that does ONLY that? Thanks for your input.

• Tyler Postle

No problem! If you do ever decide to upgrade then let us know and we'll be happy to help with the design/page conflicts you faced.

PS. biggest feature we are using is the option to restrict menu and pages from guests. Do you have a plugin that does ONLY that? Thanks for your input.

Not at the moment no, Membership is our only plugin with that capability.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.