[MEMBERSHIP] members expiring

I have a client who is using the Memberships 2 plugin and they have a couple members expiring and I can not figure out why.

Others are renewing fine and I checked and their credit card information in Stripe is still good. It seems it is a setting or something but I am not sure.

I have several that have seemed to have their memberships expire randomly and I do not know why.

It appears that the Stripe webhook is functioning correctly.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Phil

We need to get developer help to sort this out. We have sent your issue to our second level support team. Please note that, they deal with more complex issues, so there might be little delay. We appreciate your patience on this.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Phil ,

I see that the current expired ones don’t have any recent payments, so I suppose you have changed the other ones manually. Could you share some user ids who had this issue?

Could you also send in ftp credentials? I would like to add some mu-plugins that would log the payment notifications from Stripe which would help us have a clearer picture next time this happens. You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:Subject: “Attn: Panos Lyrakis”

– FTP credentials

host

username

password

(and port if required)

– link back to this thread for reference

Kind regards!

• Paul Kevin
    • Neo

Hey there Phil ,

Hope you are well today and sorry for the late response on this. Are you still facing issues with expired members? I have checked your site and the Stripe transactions seem to be going through well. Is there any specific member I can check?

Warm Regards

Paul Kevin

• Phil
    • Flash Drive

Hi Melissa, I think I might have found the solution on this in the documentation. I believe the problem was related to a caching problem.

Here is what I found:

Cache plugins can often interfere with plugin functionality. If your users are not being assigned memberships after successfully paying and logging into your site, check if you have object cache enabled in your cache plugin. If so, add the following to the non-persistent fields/groups

MS_Model_Membership

MS_Model_Member

MS_Model_Communication_Invoice

See if that helps you out. It seems to be making a difference for me so far, though it is still a pretty recent fix for me.

• Melissa Zalinski
    • BWOAH

Thanks for the response, Phil! Were your members active with monthly payments when they were randomly expired? I have two that have been active for months and only one of them disappeared. Not just expired, but like totally removed from the members area. Like she never signed up in the first place. After you added in the exceptions to your cache plugin, did you have to re-enroll your members and go through the payment process again?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.