membership moving payment gateways

We are using the membership plugin slightly different than I think it was designed. I'm about 90% of the way there, but am having a problem with the gateways. The organization we are working with is 100% brick and mortar but they want to provide a members only portal on their website to their 75 paying members (they haven't been north of 100 members in years) so they can work around some of the limitations. The issue I'm having is that all of the members have been imported into WP and assigned a subscription in membership however the gateway shows as admin for all of the accounts. We'd like for members to begin paying their annual dues through the membership plugin.

When a user goes to the subscription page it shows they are setup to renew automatically. I've activated the single payments gateway through PayPal as they don't want the system to auto renew. The subscriptions are annual and with so few members they'd like to have a little more control over the billing process. However, I'm unable to move the member to the PayPal gateway. When I'm in All Members, and click on Move under the gateway next to their name I'm only presented with the Admin gateway. I read a thread similar to this issue, but it said it was resolved with the RC2 update which is what I'm running - https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/move-operation-and-gateways#post-196359

Any thoughts on how to fix this? Also do you know how close we are to a full release version of the plugin?

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

The issue I'm having is that all of the members have been imported into WP and assigned a subscription in membership however the gateway shows as admin for all of the accounts. We'd like for members to begin paying their annual dues through the membership plugin.

Yeah when you assign them a subscription, they will get it for that term and the gateway will show as you.

When a user goes to the subscription page it shows they are setup to renew automatically. I've activated the single payments gateway through PayPal as they don't want the system to auto renew.

I believe when they signup with Single Payments it won't auto renew. You could set the level to Finite if it is only to last for a year. You could use the Communications feature to remind them of renewals.

I read a thread similar to this issue, but it said it was resolved with the RC2 update which is what I'm running - https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/move-operation-and-gateways#post-196359

Odd, I just tried on my install and it works fine for me.

Can you remove the plugin files, unload a fresh set and unpack em. Then upload and test again. Just want to make sure it full updated to RC2 last time.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? Also do you know how close we are to a full release version of the plugin?

I'd love to give you a date but unfortunately we don't hand those out just incase we over shoot em. That way it avoids disappointment. Sorry about that.

Let me know how you get on with uploading a fresh batch.

Take care.

• Ryan Englin
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I've tried as suggested. I disabled the plugin, removed all the files from the server and reinstalled the membership plugin using a version I just downloaded. I'm still having the same issue with the gateways. I've attached the screenshots. If there is something else I can check, please let me know.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Really odd I've tried a few combinations here so perhaps I'm really missing something or there is something specific to your install.

Are you able to test this with no other plugins enabled?

I'm going to ping our developer on this and ask for this thoughts, it might be something he is aware of or have seen it before.

Thanks

• Ryan Englin
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I couldn't disable all plugins since the site is currently live but I was able to get a fresh install of WP 3.3.2 single site with no plugins enabled and am having the exact same issue - this is a fresh install of everything.

Please let me know if there is something I can do or hopefully this gets resolved in the next release of the software.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.