membership moving payment gateways

We are using the membership plugin slightly different than I think it was designed. I'm about 90% of the way there, but am having a problem with the gateways. The organization we are working with is 100% brick and mortar but they want to provide a members only portal on their website to their 75 paying members (they haven't been north of 100 members in years) so they can work around some of the limitations. The issue I'm having is that all of the members have been imported into WP and assigned a subscription in membership however the gateway shows as admin for all of the accounts. We'd like for members to begin paying their annual dues through the membership plugin.

When a user goes to the subscription page it shows they are setup to renew automatically. I've activated the single payments gateway through PayPal as they don't want the system to auto renew. The subscriptions are annual and with so few members they'd like to have a little more control over the billing process. However, I'm unable to move the member to the PayPal gateway. When I'm in All Members, and click on Move under the gateway next to their name I'm only presented with the Admin gateway. I read a thread similar to this issue, but it said it was resolved with the RC2 update which is what I'm running - https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/move-operation-and-gateways#post-196359

Any thoughts on how to fix this? Also do you know how close we are to a full release version of the plugin?