[MEMBERSHIP] %ms-name% does not work in emails

Parameter %ms-name% does not work in my emails when user sign up for membership in my site.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Latasha Wills

Putting "%ms-name%" in registration email won’t work as membership is not assigned by that time. This email is thrown when the registration is done, membership is assigned after the registration.

If your membership is free, then you can use "Subscription completed - free membership" and if the membership is paid, you can use "Subscription - Completed with payment" email template. "%ms-name%" will work after the membership assignment.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Latasha Wills
    • New Recruit

Hello,

I have a free membership (default e-mail settings selected) setup but the Signup - User account created message (the one going out upon account creation) default e-mail has the %ms-name% there. I did not change this default template.

So, are you saying this needs to be removed from the default template?

Thanks,
    L. Wills

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Latasha Wills

The default email content for "Signup - User account created" is the following:

Hi %username%,

Welcome to %blog-name%! We have created a brand new account for you and you can head right over to %blog-url% and log in with your username and password.

Username: %username%
    Password: %password%

So, there is no %ms-name% in the default content. Please note that, when you select a template from automated email response, you need to click "Load Template" to load the template:

That being said, would you please try to use "Subscription completed - free membership" and check if that works for you?

Please let us know how it goes. Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.