Membership & Multisite- How to add new members

Hi! I have set-up a multisite network. I would like the main site to be the hub for all my sub-directory sites. If someone registers for a new Membership on my site I'll then set them up a site per Membership level/subscription that they choose. I realize I will have to go in and set-up a new site every time someone signs up and that is fine. But I can't figure out how to add new members to the sub-directory sites. Please help! I have been researching for 3 days and found nothing about how to add new members to the sub sites. Thanks!

• Vaughan

Hi @weezie,

You need to network activate membership, then add the following line to your wp-config.php

define( 'MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_TABLES', true);

That will make membership work globally on the network and will be configured from your main site.

If you want to add a user to a site, then go to Network Dashboard > sites > all sites

Then click edit under the site you want to add the user to.

Now click the users tab.

You can now add a user to that site & choose their role.

hope this helps

• weezie

Hi! Sorry I didn't clarify that I need them to be set-up as paying members of this site. So I need them to be able to log-in to my form by choosing a membership level- I have 3 on my site- 1 visitor level (free of course), level 2 is 30/month and level 3 is 55/month. If a visitor decides to become a subscribing member of level 2 or 3 I want them to fill out the form on the main site. But how to I then move their membership level to the subsite? I am still working on this- I have added Pro Sites hoping I could get the payments through Pro Sites but I prefer the way that Membership works. I also have authorize.net which works with Membership and not Pro sites. I would love some feedback before I go nuts. Thanks.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @weezie,

Hope you're well today and sorry about the delay here.

Sorry about the delay here, currently membership wouldn't work like this.

If you use global tables it works network wide, if you don't have the the global tables defined it then works site by site.

Whereas each sub site is effectively it's own membership based site, if this makes sense?

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.