Membership network-wide default settings, Wordpress roles, registration

Hi, I have questions about the Membership plugin:

1) Is it possible to Membership plugin have default settings over the whole network? I'd like to use the plugin to achieve per site registration. Sub site admin would only see necessary Membership menus to handle registrations and roles, and other settings would be correct by default.

2) Also, when user registers on the sub site it would be important that he also gets a Wordpress role on that site. Is that possible? I'm using bbPress plugin to create a forum on the sub sites and it uses Wordpress roles to handle user levels. Is the Integrated WP Roles add-on a solution for this?

3) Do I need to use a special Membership registration form when user registers on a sub site (and not the Wordpress default one)? How about when the user creates a new sub site?

Thanks!

• DavidM

Hi tousti,

1) Is it possible to Membership plugin have default settings over the whole network? I'd like to use the plugin to achieve per site registration. Sub site admin would only see necessary Membership menus to handle registrations and roles, and other settings would be correct by default.

If I understand you correctly, you could use New Blog Templates to setup default settings for Membership that will then persist when sub-sites are created.

However, that wouldn't keep Site Admins from changing those settings afterward. You might need to use something like Admin Menu Editor to keep Site Admins out of those areas.

2) Also, when user registers on the sub site it would be important that he also gets a Wordpress role on that site. Is that possible? I'm using bbPress plugin to create a forum on the sub sites and it uses Wordpress roles to handle user levels. Is the Integrated WP Roles add-on a solution for this?

Yep, that's exactly the type of case the Integrated WP Roles Add-on is made for.

3) Do I need to use a special Membership registration form when user registers on a sub site (and not the Wordpress default one)? How about when the user creates a new sub site?

Membership provides its own registration form, actually, as also detailed the registration page section of Membership > Options.

For users creating sites, by default, Multisite would make them Admin of that new site. As long as you don't change anything with that, I imagine that should just work.

Hope that helps!

-David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.