Membership, no email being sent to registered free users

I have free members enabled on my site (for the moment it's JUST free members), but they are not receiving the email that they should be getting right after they sign up. I have Buddypress managing the sign up form so I can gather additional info, and have enable incomplete sign-ups set to yes. There isn't an action for them to take when they have signed up, there is not button to click, etc.

See the screen shot of what they see right after they fill out the form, on subscription page 2. I added the text for them to click to login b/c there was no other action being defined.

Something just doesn't seem to be functioning correctly...

• jzvestor
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Sorry, I have buddypress installed and use the buddypress registration form for membership registration.

There is nothing to complete in step 2...other than my click to login link. Should there be something else showing?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Sorry, I have buddypress installed and use the buddypress registration form for membership registration.

You can't do that and have Membership work. As per the instructions, you need to disable registration and allow Membership to take over the entire registration process.

Thanks

• jzvestor

I think I wasn't quite clear in my explanation, I believe i am using buddypress with membership correctly. I have this on my subscribe page:
    [subscriptionform]

I have buddypress in there so that I can take advantage of the additional profile fields to collect data.
    My default buddypress rules are active.

Is there another step in disabling BP registration? I've reviewed the instructions and am not seeing anything specifically related to that...

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Okay, then Membership still isn't set up correctly. Verify that;
    - you have levels/subscriptions active and public where necessary
    - membership itself is enabled
    - you have at least one active gateway
    - you have set all the pages settings in membership options

Thanks

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jzvestor :slight_smile:

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue with this please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to mark this ticket as unresolved.

This will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again.

Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

that is because Phil is no longer with WPMU Dev that he did not answer you.

It is common knowledge within our organization that the Membership Plugin is being totally re-written from ground up due to the fact that it was coded in such a way that if one I is not dotted or one T is not crossed it does not work properly :slight_frown: Picky picky

I would suggest that it is a mute point to try to hunt this down right now due to this knowledge.

However since the new version is not in Beta yet I shall give it a shot.

can you please give me the URL so I can see this page myself and look at it's source code?

Perhaps I can come up with a fix :slight_smile:

• jzvestor

The issue we have it that there is nothing for them to click on when they get to that step 2 page to actually select the membership, that's why I added the message about "click here to now login". It just seems that there is a click- to-selec-memerbshipt btn missing. Without the message and link I added there would be no direction on that Step 2 page at all.

Right now there is just the one free membership that becomes a paid membership upon renewal at 1yr. Eventually that initial annual membership with be $15, and there will also be a 2yr membership for some other amt.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Right now there is just the one free membership that becomes a paid membership upon renewal at 1yr.

it is my opinion that this is the reason why there is nothing to click and a member is added right in, there is nothing for the plugin to parse - it is a done deal - free membership and they are in.

It is logical though that the screen says to choose your membership. I am taking a leap to think upon original development of this plugin - that there would be more then one membership level or payment processed (immediate or future) - due to the fact if not the plugin is not needed.

However, if this were set up with a 1 Year Free Trial and processed through PayPal (or other valid merchant account) I wonder what the reaction of the Plugin would then be?

Can you please add another level (fake though it may be) to see if the result is different?

Or configured to process them for a subscription payment to the gateway of your choice?

Then we can see the results and if they come out as I think they would.

In other words, it is clearly in my mind that without a second level nor any real subscription process with the first, from the plugins perspective there is nothing to parse.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jzvestor,

Thank you so very much for adding the other level to your membership for testing.
    I admit I am disappointed that I still get the same error that you described above even with the multiple levels.

The good news:
    We are in Membership plugin internal beta now. Version for the world to see coming soon!

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jzvestor,

Just a quick update to let you know that things are coming right along with the new version of Membership plugin and though I cannot even begin to guess when the release will be, I can tell you that it is much more streamlined hoping to take away the headaches of its configuration.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.