Membership not completing signup process.

Hi,

I’m having some trouble getting the membership plugin to work with PayPal sandbox.

When I register a new account, and select a pay subscription it takes me to the PayPal SandBox. I complete the order, and see that the order was completed successfully. It returns me back to my website, but that test user remains at the Free subscription level.

When I look at members in the admin that test account is marked as “inactive”.

I’m not sure what to do, and since I’ve never used this plugin before I’m not sure what the correct scenario is for signing up.

The test account’s email address receives an email containing their username and password, but that’s it.

My admin email for WordPress receives an email that a user registered.

EDIT: I’m running the latest of everything. WP 3.4.1

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Mathew,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up and including details to your versions, it is greatly appreciated.

I’m having some trouble getting the membership plugin to work with PayPal sandbox.

I totally agree with this observation and believe the biggest mistake here is the fact that you are using the PayPal Sandbox which is erratic at best.

If I have seen this issue once with the PayPal Sandbox I have seen it a hundred times … OK lol … not quite a hundred times, but many.

Please consider doing a test using PayPal live making sure IPN is turned on and I think you will find that you get a totally different reaction.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Mathew,

Thank you for the great question.

I found the spot in PayPal live to enable IPN. It's asking me for a URL, but I don't know what to enter.

Signup for a membership and check the history to see what URL PayPal says it is trying to send the transaction too. This is the IPN for the selected gateway.

The exact URL is not indicated in documentation because it varies from installation to installation and depending on which PayPal gateway you have chosen.

Is there any documentation for this plugin?

Absolutely. It is here. Screen shot provided below.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.