Membership not enabled?

I am trying to get the membership plugin working, but have not had a great deal of success. I activated the plugin at the subsite I want to control membership at, but the registration (disabled at the top level site) for a new user gets redirected to the main install saying "registration is not enabled"

How do I get it to use the Membership Registration on the subsite? Yes, multisite is setup with BuddyPress install also at the subsite.

The toplevel site is
kinfolks.me

Sub-site:
6schmitz.kinfolks.me

Thanks,

Kevin

• knobby
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

OK, I turned this on and people can now register. The problem is that the registrations are going to the top level site, and not at the sub-site where I configured the plugin. I

I was just going to try and get around this using the user sync plug in, but then I could not find the Secret Key mentioned that I need to set that up to sync users in the sub-site.

Any help on either of these will be appreciated.

• knobby
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I turned that on now and It looks like that took care of that part.

What I am now faced with is that those whom register are registered at the top level site, and not the sub-site.

What would cause this? The plugin is configured at the sub-site level.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

I was just going to try and get around this using the user sync plug in, but then I could not find the Secret Key mentioned that I need to set that up to sync users in the sub-site.

Thats for Syncing single websites, not multisite.

What I am now faced with is that those whom register are registered at the top level site, and not the sub-site.

What would cause this? The plugin is configured at the sub-site level.

WordPress by default registers all members to your main site first.

With membership though, if its enabled on a sub site and the user signs up on the sub site then that is where they will get there account.

How was this activated? Per site or network wide?

I've just tested on my install and its working as expected.

Any other plugins activated? Maybe deactivate those and test?

Let me know how that goes.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings knobby,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.