Membership on subdomain.

I have set up a membership site... not on the main site but on a subdomain.... and I cannot get the homepage to accept visitors. All content is blocked to visitors except a couple of pages but I cannot find a way to make the homepage accessible to visitors who are not members.

I have tried all kinds of variations on positive and negative rules but the homepage remains blocked unless a member. I am using the 'edu-knows' FAQ theme on that subdomain. How can I make the homepage accessible to all?

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Can you give us some details of the settings you have setup? The membership plugin is very complex so as much information (screenshots) of your options, levels, subscriptions etc will help enormously.

Also, the version of Membership, WP and theme that you are using.

• hucknallite
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I have set up two levels, members and visitors.

For visitors I have only set up the one positive rule and that was an attempt to specifically name the home page. It has made no difference. -vispos.png

The negative rules work... but even the unchecked categories are blocked... taking the visitor to the no access page. That is the case for both categories and pages. (visneg1.png, 2.png & 3.png)

Visitors can access the registration page, the no access page (obviously) and the account page (sample page on mine) but I figure this is because they are set in the edit options area.

For members I have just the one positive rule which is they can access all categories mempos.png and no negative rules memneg.png. This works perfectly. Any logged in member can access everything.

There is one membership subscription: Set at serial and 365 days and a price is set. Membership/supporter integration is enabled. subs1 &2 .png

Options are set as in opts.png

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi hucknallite,

Is there maybe a link we could take a look at or better yet, could you create an account for us to look into everything? If so, you could simply mail us via our contact form marked attention to David.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

I've got a site setup with Edu-knows and I can't seem to replicate this so I'd like to see what's setup differently on your site. If you wouldn't mind setting that up for us, I think we can get this resolved right away.

Thanks,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi hucknallite,

Thanks for getting all that information to us! As we've now got it boiled down to a matter of a global table setup being switched back to a site-by-site table setup, it should just be a matter of finding the right combination of plugins to make it all work for your site.

I'll check with the developers on the how the Supporter and Membership integration could work under this circumstance though I believe it should work just fine.

• hucknallite
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Have tried both true and false settings and doesn't seem to make any difference to anything??

Also, attempted to install the membership area on the main site but just by activating the plug-in caused the whole site to become inaccessible. Configuring the options made no difference nor enabling. It is the same on the main site as it is on the subsite. At least if I keep the members area on the subsite I don't have to worry about the whole site being blocked to non-members.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Yeah, it's not as simple as changing that because the plugin thinks it's already installed and so won't make the local tables. You have to trick the plugin into thinking it wasn't installed - if you go into your options table (for the main site) you need to deactivate the plugin, remove the option with the line M_installed and then re-activate it.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi hucknallite,

Just wanted to mention that as we're working this one out by email and have gotten it down to a matter of something with the database tables/entries, I'll resolve this thread and continue with you via email to get that database matter resolved.

Thanks,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.