Few overview questions. Make sure I understand the doc.
Foremost, the USERS in wordpress are subscribers - so subscribers to blog can be assigned membership status (or visitor/guest).
1) If using the wizard, and I have a "members" level, and a guest / visitor level.
If i set NEGATIVE filtered areas for visitors/guests, do i need to enable those excluded area for the Member level?
Or if i just have a white/black type membership site, will the negative on guest/visitors cover all other settings?
2) Will Membership override Wordpress account permissions. Ie, if a level can "post" in admin, but the wordpress user is only a subscriber for a blog, will the membership assigned permissions override? or must the wordpress core user level permissions be available first, and then filtering is applied by the plugin afterward?
3) How does paypal express Gateway work with IPN. Is it simply it send to paypal, and gives paypal a return URL. When a user is returned from paypal (and paypal notes transaction) it is tied to the user? However with no Dedicated IPN set, will the Paypal subscriptions canceled or declined on Paypal (example on renewal) not properly update and adjust the PAYPAL EXPRESS gateway?
4) User reg says we should have a Visitor/Guest level - and a free level. I do not understand. So if a user is a Subscriber to blog, but not a MEMBER, since they are logged in, they are not treated as visitor/guest. So i should duplicate the Visitor Restrictions/Allowances?
5) Excluding Regex for member pages, using NEGATIVE rules for the Guest/Free users seems easier. Is this not advised for possible security issues. Ie, if i dont lock down my Admin settings in Guest/Free via a NEGATIVE rule, does it open it up for security flaws, or must the user posess an appropriate admin account level (admin/editor/etc) via wordpress core?
6) Can I set Expiration manually of Members? I can seem to manually enable a member, and deactivate, but I cant put a subscription date in. Example - i want public to use Paypal, but i have old/current members doing checks, can this track those renewals? (I understand renewing would need to be manually - i am more interested in expiring manual accounts similar to how Pro Sites does it).
7) Are there any tools to batch add member subscriptions; and renewal dates?
If no tools - is this all in one table?