Membership: paypal link issue

When testing in paypal sandbox to get membership to work with a subscription, I get to PayPal in the checkout process then hit the Pay button and get "The link you have used to enter the PayPal system is invalid. Please review the link and try again."

In past posts, this has been solved by making sure that the account was verified. My account is verified, but I'm still getting the error. What should I do now?

• mansoormb
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Now this might be a question that is redundant, but is your paypal account specifically created as a sandbox account. If it is not then the process wont work. You will either have to create a sandbox account or change to live and use your current settings!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya @draytond,

Looks like mansoormb is on fire tonight and beating me to several of these posts. Not that I mind too terribly as his advice is really good.

Also, paypal's sandbox accounts are notoriously awful. Though they are a necessary evil sometimes just switching to live and going for it you'll find everything is just fine. :disappointed:

Let us know if you still have issues with and need it setup. We'll do what we can to assist. Thanks.

• draytond
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I figured it out - the problem was that I was specifying my life address in the membership options and then trying to purchase the subscription with the sandbox account. I needed to actually set up two sandbox accounts: one buyer and one merchant, then use the merchant in the membership back end to accept payments and then make the purchase with the buyer account. I didn't realize I needed to have these two accounts. Sandbox is working now - there are some other issues, but if I can't figure them out I'll start a new thread.

And just one more thing for anyone who reads this in the future: sandbox accounts are automatically verified. You don't need to verify them yourself. That was messing me up too!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.