Membership permissions acting opposite of what is set

Using Membership 2 Pro and BuddyPress with BuddyBoss theme.

In Membership, in Protection Rules, in BuddyPress whenever I set the permissions to a level it denies access rather than granting access.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jonathan,

In Membership, in Protection Rules, in BuddyPress whenever I set the permissions to a level it denies access rather than granting access.

Can you explain that more or add steps I need to follow to replicate this issue? Because I've tested your site just now and protecting page for group creation works fine.
    1) I've added test member
    2) Log to the site with new member credentials
    3) try to access group creation page - could not - it was protected.
    4) I've changed membership for test user to Admins
    5) Tried again access page with test user and now I was able to create group.
    6) When I change subscription to other membership then test user again have no access

My test user is "wpmudev"

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Jonathan Ruddat
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the prompt reply.

When I enable protection for BuddyPress, see screen shot.

Then the BuddyPress groups and user pages (profile, friends, etc) are restricted instead of open. See second screenshot.

For all users of the Called Workers, Admin, and Wives membership levels.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Jonathan

I hope you had a wonderful day and happy new year.

I just tried to regenerate the error in my test site and I was successful in regenerating the issue. So I'm marking this as a confirmed bug and reporting to the developer. I believe, he will release a fix very soon.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. It might take a little while before they release a patch or update. So I can't give you any ETA but I believe you will get a fix very soon.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Jonathan Ruddat,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I hope you would not mind chiming me in here.

I have provided a patch to another member having similar issue in this thread. If you want this fix right now then you can try that patch or wait for the plugin release.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/buddy-press-profile-access-error?replies=18#post-1010843

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Jonathan Ruddat,

I am sorry its happening with you, I tested on my own site but could not reproduce this after applying the patch. The individual menu protection is working fine for me.

Would you mind sharing more details regarding this issue ? So we can debug on our sites and also please grant support staff access so I can take a closer look.

To grant support staff access go to WPMUDEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access or see this manual.

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Jonathan Ruddat,

Thanks for granting support staff access, but I could not reproduce this issue on your site.

The menu protection is working just fine for me how they suppose to work. Here is what I did to reproduce this issue.

1. I created a new test user with wpmutest username.

2. Then logged in with this test user and could not access the top bar as a subscriber without having a membership.

3. Then I added this member manually in "Called Workers" membership and then I could see the Top Bar menu items as seen in attached screenshot.

4. Then again for testing I removed this user from "Called Workers" membership and the items are gone as expected.

Hope that helps! If you still need assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.