Membership Plans get created and deleted in Stripe ad-infinitum

Have had this issue ever since the beginning but now its becoming a real problem as we try to optimise a lot of things.

I can see in the stripe logs that the subscription plan gets deleted and recreated a LOT maybe with each new customer? must be because even though my subscribers all have one of two plans none of them come up when searching by plan in Stripe.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Dre,

I checked my Stripe logs and I see the same thing. Each of plans on my plans list has in events similar list you have on your screenshot.

I have to check with developer if this is correct behavior or something is wrong. I’ll update you when I’ll get feedback.

But other that that – does your subscriptions working fine? Are you seeing any errors with renewing subscriptions?

kind regards,

Kasia

• Dre
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello Kasia Swiderska we actually do have some issues with membership renewals do you think they are related to this?

The main problem with this (and it is definitely not correct behaviour) is that within Stripe the customers are technically not on the same membership and so any lookups or operations meant to check or affect the entire group cannot work.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Dre,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I checked this issues regarding plans getting created, and deleted in my test server, and my Stripe transactions doesn’t seem to show such behavior, and I wasn’t able to replicate the exact issues as yours. This is not a common behavior, could you please enable support access, so that we could give a closer look, regarding these, and also check the issues mentioned above.

If you are using a live Stripe account, could I change that temporarily to my test Stripe account, so that we could test this extensively.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Dre
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Nithin our site is live with 100,000 users we can’t really turn test mode on on the main environment.

Also last time I had you guys look at an issue you made changes that broke some custom code without telling me, so I am a little tentative about doing it again.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Dre,

I’m so sorry for the inconvenience last time. We always tell our users what we do exactly on their site. I don’t know how this happened to you or who did that, but I believe this won’t happen ever again.

Now as you said your site has 100,000 users, I’d not want to do any test or anything on your site because it’s very risky. But for troubleshooting the issue, we need to do the testing. In development environment, this is a common scenario. And in this scenario, a very useful practice is creating a Staging Environment. A Staging site is an exact clone of your live site. So we do all our testing on that staging site, if any issue is there, we troubleshoot on that staging site, and when we are 100% confident about the fix, we deploy that fix in the live site. I think you already know this, still, if you need some idea regarding how a staging environment can be created, you can check this guide:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/set-up-staging-site-cloner/

So can you please create a staging environment for your live site where we can test this issue and try to find a solution? When we can get it to work on your staging site, you can check that and then deploy the fix on your live site by your own.

Please grant us Support Access on that staging site. We’re looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.