Membership Plans page not acting properly.

I need help figuring out why my Membership Plans and Registration page doesn’t display. They are redirecting to the homepage if I am logged in.

Although I have not subscribed to any plan and as the page redirect I can see a plan or subscribe. Sudden noticing this behavior, it was fine before. Please check and help.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Shinshuri

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

I checked the site and for logged-out users (guests) it seems to be working fine. Being logged in as an admin, you shouldn’t be able to register/sign-up for any membership – as you’re excluded from any memberships. However, you shouldn’t also be redirected to the homepage and you should be able to visit both these pages and see their content.

So that part, indeed, is not working as expected – unless there are some additional redirects set that we’re both missing. But I think it’s something else and since you know it was working fine before, that would mean that “something” has changed on the site.

I checked the setup as much as I could but could you please tell me if there were any changes made recently – just around the time when you noticed the issue – such as for example:

– any updates (to WP itself or a them or any plugins)?

– any new plugins added or some plugins’/theme configuration changes?

– any changes in server configuration?

Let me know please as this might give some suggestion on what is causing it. Also, as it’s a live site would it be possible to run there a full theme/plugin conflict test (and do you have an up to date working backup in case anything went wrong) or would it be possible that you set a staging site so we could do more testing there?

Best regards,

Adam

• Shinshuri
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Adam:

Thank you for your immediate response. I have several comments to your message above.

First, your comment about being able to access both the Membership List page (Upgrade Membership) and the Membership Registration page (Membership Plans) is correct. I was able to access both pages before.

Second, initially I checked the theme by switching to a default WP Theme (Twenty Seventeen) but the problem persisted even with the default theme. I then started deactivating plugins and noticed that when I have four plugins activated I get a different response that is not the redirect issue that was reported previously and which you duplicated on your end. I noticed that there is a conflict or issue that manifests only when these four plugins are activated:

1. Branda

2. Membership 2 Pro

3. iThemes Security

4. WooCommerce

Since it is not my theme I kept the required plugins needed for the theme to function properly active as well and was able to see the conflict and issue manifest as well. The required Theme Plugins for my theme are:

Artbees Themes Captcha

Layer Slider Pro

Master Revolution

Slider Revolution

WP Bakery Page Builder (Modified Version)

The issues that manifest when the above four plugins and the Required Theme plugins are activated (no other plugins are activated) include:

ISSUE #1: Login Screen configured using Branda does not display properly it redirects to an alternate login page

ISSUE #2: My Account page, which is protected by Membership 2 Pro does not display for registered users including the Admin User content is blocked

ISSUE #3: Upgrade Membership page and Membership Plans page redirects to the home page when all plugins used on the site is active.

I have not had any server configuration changes implemented on the server. I like the idea of setting up a staging site to test things out to try and get this resolved quickly. We have a new cohort starting in a month and I don’t want this issue preventing entrepreneurs from being able to upgrade their accounts when needed for the features associated with the program and services.

Can you provide more information on how to set up a staging version of our live site and I will get it configured so we can test things from the staging version of the site rather than the live site?

Thanks,

Shinshuri

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Shinshuri

Thank you for your response and detailed additional information.

The case seems to be getting a bit more complex so it will definitely be the safest way to use a staging site for further investigation and the best way to create such site is to make an exact copy of the site on the same server.

The basic process would be to create a new empty sub-domain or sub-folder under current domain (unless you got some “spare” domain name that you could use for it; it could even be a temporary default sub-domain from host – that doesn’t really matter but it should be on the same server) and put the clone of the site there.

“Cloning” process is basically a standard site migration with just that exception that in the end you do not remove the original site and do not move the domain from original (live) one to that clone one. Plugins such as Shipper, Duplicator, All in One Migration can help or it can be done manually by copying all the site files, creating a new database and importing the one from live site to it and updating URL’s/paths in it.

I think this article shouldl help:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/set-up-staging-site-cheap-shared-hosting/

For security reasons, you can also delete most users from the staging site, leaving only admin and some fake test accounts – so we wouldn’t work on a real user data.

If you got any additional questions on this, let me know. Once you got the staging site set, please provide me with access credentials to it by following the guide below:

Note: Don’t leave your login details in this ticket.

Instead, you can send me your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: “Attn: Adam Czajczyk

– Site login URL

– WordPress admin username

– WordPress admin password

– FTP credentials (host/username/password)

– cPanel credentials (host/username/password)

– Folder path to site in question

– Link back to this thread for reference

– Any other relevant urls/info

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.